player.setweight not working for me

alvehyanna

Using the console to change the players..'weight' for purposes of -CBBE- is not working for me not matter what I do...tips? Is this even the right command?

tried...

player.setweight 25

setweight 25 (with self targeted)

player.setweight "25"

grrr.... how safe is 'showracemenu' I can't tell you how many times I messed my obvlions toons up with that old process...lol

The race menu is known to reset your stats. I'm not sure if the old save and reload trick from Oblivion works or not. Also, it could potentially be linked to issues with odd artifacts in characters skin/faces. This is a very annoying issue that seems to save itself into the character save, so make a backup. I've yet to come across a working fix if the texture issue does pop up.

• 2 weeks later...

I found out how to do this, do the same as you would do it with a npc.

Target your character in console and use "setnpcweight 1-100" it changes your weight same as it would have a NPC.

Hope this helps.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Does this also work if the player's weight has been messed up? Somehow I can strip off every item I have cept for the Merida's Beacon, dragonstone, red eagles sword and a stone of Berenziah and my weight is still over 12,000 WTH? was it because I took stuff that overweighted me in game and it got stuck? if anyone can help me figure out how to get my character's weight back down I would appreciate it very much, thanks in advance if anyone can help.

• 1 year later...

Does this also work if the player's weight has been messed up? Somehow I can strip off every item I have cept for the Merida's Beacon, dragonstone, red eagles sword and a stone of Berenziah and my weight is still over 12,000 WTH? was it because I took stuff that overweighted me in game and it got stuck? if anyone can help me figure out how to get my character's weight back down I would appreciate it very much, thanks in advance if anyone can help.

you can use player.showinventory to show all items in your players inventory, i had the same problem and there were just a bunch of hidden items weighing me down.

Edited by EZRAHINKLEY

• 3 months later...

you can use player.showinventory to show all items in your players inventory, i had the same problem and there were just a bunch of hidden items weighing me down.

actually, in a heavy modded game, not always every "hidden item" will pop up in the "showinventory" command. So if that doesn't work alone, go to any crafting station and than use the same command, you'll be shown some things that were invisible and didn't show up while you tried to check for them (eg. go to a forge and input "showinventory" and you'll see most of the ingriedients for forging, go to a potion station, do the same and you'll find some ingriedients etc.)