Skyrim crashes on completing Potema quest

museix

• 2 months later...

Gracias me sucedia lo mismo al completar la mision me lanzaba al escritorio y como dicen lo solucione cortando las carpetas yarls 03 y yarls 02 que estan dentro de donde se instalo el juego ma arriba en los comentarios esta la ruta exacta corte las 2 carpetas la movi al escritorio arranque el juego y listo pase la mision y las volvi a poner en su lugar y como dicen el bug se hace ya que son texturas que utiliza potema y al instalar un mod que modifique las texturas de las ropas del jarl hay conflictos muchas gracias a todos por la solucion lo dejo en español para que si alguien lo lee le sea mas facil entenderlo ya que en ingles esta mas que perfectamente explicado saludos a la comunidad hispana

Thanks for the solution works perfectly

Edited by clon298505

• 3 weeks later...

I had the exact same problem. As soon as I defeated Potema, and the swirling lights disappeared, the game crashed to desktop. I tried several different things to fix this, but nothing worked. I repeated the quest 3 times...same problem. The only thing that worked for me was to do the console command "player.moveto" command as soon as the quest showed completed. It took me somewhere else, then I just retraced my steps through the quest again...all enemies being dead. As soon as I got to the final room, the swirly lights were stuck in a weird "frozen in time" way. I was able to get the skull and complete the quest at least. I never figured out what caused it, but at least it got me through.

if you have replaced the Yarlscloths02 (or whatever yarls cloths that Potema wears), the game crashes when she transforms to a dead body.

Perfect resolution! I've typed "player.moveto 0002BFA2" on console, teleported to outside dungeon, and returned to turn quest there.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Simply rename the file by adding ren in front of yarlclothes3 (renyarlsclothes3). That way you can easily change it back after and have Jarl Elisif look as spiffy as ever. Much better than deleting files.