blender 2.60 nifscript plugin

Warsaw2135

Thanks for letting me know about it. I'll remove my 2.49b setup and see if I can get this working. If so, I'll create a tutorial on how to do it.

Software that I'm testing:

* Operating System: Windows 7, 64-bit

* Python 3.2.2 (32-bit)

* Blender 2.61 2.60a (32-bit 64-bit)

* PyFFI 2.2.0 beta 1.8

* Blender NIF Scripts 2.6.0 alpha1

EDIT: 1st try failed. PyFFI does not recognize Blender versions higher than 2.60

EDIT: 2nd try failed. PyFFI did not detect the 32-bit version of Blender 2.60a. Since the option for 64-bit Blender is there, gonna have a go at that but not sure how 64-bit Blender can communicate to 32-bit Python...especially when it seems Blender 2.6 comes with its own Python.

I got to the part where you "enable" the add-on and noticed the fine print:

not functional, port from 2.49 series still in progress

So basically, they have the shell of the program there where it can be installed into the new system (which 2.5x and 2.6x is vastly different from 2.49b).

Plugins for newer versions than Blender 2.49b is currently not available yet. Nothing to see here...move along. ;)

Dang, now I gotta get everything set back up for 2.49b again.

LHammonds

Thanks for letting me know about it. I'll remove my 2.49b setup and see if I can get this working. If so, I'll create a tutorial on how to do it.

Software that I'm testing:

* Operating System: Windows 7, 64-bit

* Python 3.2.2 (32-bit)

* Blender 2.61 2.60a (32-bit 64-bit)

* PyFFI 2.2.0 beta 1.8

* Blender NIF Scripts 2.6.0 alpha1

EDIT: 1st try failed. PyFFI does not recognize Blender versions higher than 2.60

EDIT: 2nd try failed. PyFFI did not detect the 32-bit version of Blender 2.60a. Since the option for 64-bit Blender is there, gonna have a go at that but not sure how 64-bit Blender can communicate to 32-bit Python...especially when it seems Blender 2.6 comes with its own Python.

I got to the part where you "enable" the add-on and noticed the fine print:

not functional, port from 2.49 series still in progress

So basically, they have the shell of the program there where it can be installed into the new system (which 2.5x and 2.6x is vastly different from 2.49b).

Plugins for newer versions than Blender 2.49b is currently not available yet. Nothing to see here...move along. ;)

Dang, now I gotta get everything set back up for 2.49b again.

LHammonds

Thanks for the reply. Yup, it looks like I have to downgrade to 2.49b if i want to edit the nifs. :|

• 1 year later...

hmmm? Which link are you referring to?

There is a link to the development version on our forum but is not production ready, fpr testing purposes only. As per the directions you should only try it if you have read through the documentation to know what is supported otherwise your wasting both yours and our time.

Ah I see what you mean by "they yanked down the link".

Actually it wasn't us who pulled the plug. Github, the code hosting platform we use, dropped that service. They have since re-invented the service and are now offering it again but that is only recent change. We have been hosting the builds ourselves.

If you want the latest version for testing you should read the Blender Nif Plug-in Developer forum for more details.- http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=13

The link is available there and encourages you to read through the various sections. If you have any other questions please ask.

Edited by neomonkeus

• 5 years later...