Anyone else find it ironic?

Sky999

.... IMO he had no idea who you were and if he did he would have allowed the Imperials to execute you.

I agree with this statement. ;)

I wanted to show everyone these screenshots from the opening sequence, though. (Cropped slightly so you can see them better.) In the first one, Alduin seems to be looking directly at me. I believe this shot was taken when I was kneeling and about to be beheaded. In the other, Alduin is trying to eat my face. (Literally ... he is in the process of trying to bite me in half, here.) Hmmmmm.... So Alduin DOES try to kill you in the opening sequence, but only if you really, really put yourself in his way to get eaten. Otherwise he ignores you. Make of it what you will ... I just thought you might enjoy the screenshots. :thumbsup:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7142/6733369075_206b643ce4_b.jpg

"Look .. puny humans killing each other. How amusing."

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7020/6733369225_357570aaee_b.jpg

Edited by Snowsong

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I already answered this in the previous thread on this topic. He will kill you in the opening scene as anyone who has failed this parts knows (so I've been informed tho have never failed this part myself). He will also kill you later in the game if you fail against him. I would, too, if I were him. I'd still prevent your execution, as well. But that's just me pretending to be him. As Alduin, it's my destiny to face Dovakiin in a glorious battle. Anything get's in my way of that... and if Dovakiin shows any signs of being unworthy, then round over and on to the next cycle.

It's not so different than when the real you plays Skyrim. He knows he's immortal for real and that you can't really kill the real him, so it's like a game, and neither of you wants it over before the destined final epic moment.

When I'm really deep into the game, I sometimes even imagine that a part of him wants to keep pushing you until you become great enough to defeat him. He is the first born of Akatosh who conceded to Lorkhan's creation of Nirn as a proving ground and path to something divine or even greater. Akatosh sacrificed some of his power toward this goal and Talos, also dragonborn, is a demonstration of its worthiness.

Yeah, I already answered this in the previous thread on this topic. He will kill you in the opening scene as anyone who has failed this parts knows (so I've been informed tho have never failed this part myself). He will also kill you later in the game if you fail against him. I would, too, if I were him. I'd still prevent your execution, as well. But that's just me pretending to be him. As Alduin, it's my destiny to face Dovakiin in a glorious battle. Anything get's in my way of that... and if Dovakiin shows any signs of being unworthy, then round over and on to the next cycle.

It's not so different than when the real you plays Skyrim. He knows he's immortal for real and that you can't really kill the real him, so it's like a game, and neither of you wants it over before the destined final epic moment.

When I'm really deep into the game, I sometimes even imagine that a part of him wants to keep pushing you until you become great enough to defeat him. He is the first born of Akatosh who conceded to Lorkhan's creation of Nirn as a proving ground and path to something divine or even greater. Akatosh sacrificed some of his power toward this goal and Talos, also dragonborn, is a demonstration of its worthiness.

In you words, he has a death wish, and wants to train you, so you to kill him. :wallbash:

You guys don't get it.

If Ulfric died, the war would have been much easier for the imperials, and the stormcloaks would have given up, becoming prisoners.

Now, if the war goes on, and on, and on, Alduin gets the lions share of souls to munch upon in Sovngarde.

If the war is very one-sided, there are less munchables

And ol' Al' likes his munchies.

Edit: Noticed this was in the spoilers section, so removed /spoiler :3

Edited by GomuGomu64

In you words, he has a death wish, and wants to train you, so you to kill him. :wallbash:

No. Is English your second language? You just quoted my saying that he knows you can't really kill him. You can't. You don't absorb his soul ever in this game.

No. Is English your second language? You just quoted my saying that he knows you can't really kill him. You can't. You don't absorb his soul ever in this game.

Who says that he can come back anyways, just because he didnt lost his soul? All the other dragons needed Alduin to be ressurectet, how does he want to get back? Or can he revive himself?

Maybe Akathos does it if the time comes.

Sapien, if we get to far fetched useless complicated explanations, I like Karthos better:

Sorry if that isn't pointlessly intricate enough for people. I could create a needless and obfuscating hypothesis that makes Helgen into a nexus of magical energy, capable of restoring the fabled six Dragon Paladins to life, who would defeat Alduin, purify dragons of their evil, base natures and destroy the Thalmor, ushering in a beautiful world of love, peace and ashen fields of Altmer remains. Alduin did this to prevent mortals discovering this mighty power, because he wouldn't want the return of his six DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUN! BROTHERS AND SISTERS! OMFG!

@GomuGomu64 No, you don't get it. This has been discussed before. First Alduin has no way to know who Ulfric is, he does not communicate with any human, so he knows little about their affairs. Secondly he never intercepts again when the civil war is closely to be ended, if this would be true, he would be at Windhelm or Solitude to try to stop you ending the civil war.

Sapien, if we get to far fetched useless complicated explanations, I like Karthos better:

Sorry if that isn't pointlessly intricate enough for people. I could create a needless and obfuscating hypothesis that makes Helgen into a nexus of magical energy, capable of restoring the fabled six Dragon Paladins to life, who would defeat Alduin, purify dragons of their evil, base natures and destroy the Thalmor, ushering in a beautiful world of love, peace and ashen fields of Altmer remains. Alduin did this to prevent mortals discovering this mighty power, because he wouldn't want the return of his six DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUN! BROTHERS AND SISTERS! OMFG!

@GomuGomu64 No, you don't get it. This has been discussed before. First Alduin has no way to know who Ulfric is, he does not communicate with any human, so he knows little about their affairs. Secondly he never intercepts again when the civil war is closely to be ended, if this would be true, he would be at Windhelm or Solitude to try to stop you ending the civil war.

of course not, since you can complete the main quest BEFORE or AFTER the civil war. would not make sense if it was scripted to him to interfere but you already had him killed, also im sure both parties would ally against a threat like that, therefore you argument is invalid

Edited by fntz