[WIP] Atvir Dres: The Last Prince of Tear

JanusForbeare

I was looking at the Art of Morrowind book and happened upon this page if you haven't seen it. It might help you. http://www.imperial-library.info/content/page-27

Very cool, thank you! I had seen the image in the top left (#83) on the UESPWiki before, but the others are new to me. I'll forward the link to hopventure for inspiration.

Still no crest, though. Unless it's that diamond-shaped emblem on the belt in #83 and the clasp of the cloak in #86.

A few pages back, on page 24 http://www.imperial-library.info/content/page-24, there's a set of Temple imagery. The beetle (64) is the symbol of House Dagoth and the scarab (70) is House Redoran. So it appears that some Temple images were interchangeable with House imagery. House Hlaalu's crest is a scale and House Telvanni's is a sun, tree, star, moon thing. Since Dres was mostly about slavery and saltrice, I wouldn't be surprised the Dres crest is a stylized saltrice plant/flower.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I have contacted the author some week ago or so, and no, the project isn't dead. I hope it's not a secret ;o The author had real-life-induced pause, but he's still working on Atvir afaik.

• 2 weeks later...

First off, a huge THANK YOU to Esteris for bringing the resurrection of this thread to my attention, and for taking it upon herself to assure you all that the project is still ongoing.

As she mentioned, I've had to deal with some real-life drama over the past couple of months that kept me away from my computer (or, to be more precise, kept my computer away from me). The project is back up and running now, and despite the delay, we expect to be able to deliver the alpha within the next few weeks. Features that you can expect in this initial release include:

-Standard companionship functionality (ie. stay, follow, command state, etc.) with custom voiced dialogue

-Approximately a half-hour of companionship dialogue, in which Atvir answers your questions about his past and gives you his opinions on a wide range of subjects

-About another half-hour of banter, both combat and non-combat oriented

-A tracking quest and summoning spell to help you keep tabs on your new companion

-The ability to assign Atvir any cell as a home, and assign another three locations as "hang out" spots at various times of the day

Bear in mind that the alpha will be just that - an alpha. That means that there will likely be bugs, there will certainly be conflicts with other mods, and that many features that are planned for the final release will not be available to you at this early stage. That being said, we are working as hard as we can to deliver the highest quality product possible. Bear with us through these growing pains... it'll be worth it.

Edited by JanusForbeare

• 1 month later...

@ Phreespirit: Heh, your timing couldn't be better, I've just been talking to the AD dev team. We are 90%+ ready for alpha, though I (as the one doing the voice work and scripting) have been struggling for the past week with a persistent dialogue bug - see here if you think you might be able to help.

I apologize for the lack of updates - I'm more or less the project runner, so it's on me. The only excuse I have is that more of my attention has been on the development of the project rather than PR (I also have a real life to think about, from time to time). That being said, let me give you all a quick run-down of where we're at:

PRE-ALPHA GOALS

Introductory quest

Tracking quest (keeps a marker on Atvir at all times)

"Call Atvir" companion summon spell

Full companionship functionality (follow, wait, favorstate, etc.)

Player assigned home and hang-out spots

Summon-able/ride-able follower horse

Does not contribute to follower count

Fully-voiced conversation topics, combat topics, and random banter topics (appx. 500 lines and counting)

Fully-polished voice files

Custom armour and weapon meshes/textures

As you can see, we're damn close (sodding close, as Atvir would say). I promise that it won't be long now!

Edited by JanusForbeare