Best follower?: Jenassa?

SpellAndShield

I have been trying out a bunch of different followers and all of them get beaten down very quickly. The only one with some endurance is Jenassa or are there other recommendations someone could make? I mean, the companion followers are some of the worst and most can't even handle two bandit thugs alone, let alone a plunderer or marauder. What have your observations been?

Erik the Slayer is pretty good. I used him before. But of course you have to give your follower proper equipment so they can be able to handle opponents. Don't expect them to be able to handle bandits when you are at level 40 and they're still wearing their default equips which was equivalent to what you were wearing at level 10.

The best follower I have used so far is Marcurio, he rarely gets beaten down and his magic attack is really powerful, he can take down a couple of mobs on his own easily. Stat wise J'zargo is suppose to be a better mage but in practice I have found this not to be the case. Macurio seems to be programmed better too, he follows you down ledges and mountains better and doesn't get lost as much. Also if you walk up to him he will often move back out of your way so he doesn't block you in narrow passages as much as others I have used.

J'zargo levels up the highest, up to 81, and gets the highest hp(717) and highest magicka(450) levels of any other companions

Below him are the housecarls who level up to 50, and who all have the same hp/magicka/stats, their HP at level 50 is 671 and they have 50 magicka.

Here is a list of all the followers, their max levels, and max stats

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Aly8njaU3H1adGJYTlJaUnRxRUN2RnM5MkxPaU1mQkE&type=view&gid=0&f=true&sortcolid=32&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

Ahh, but I hear Darkeethus doesn't die. I guess a bug -that will probably be fixed in a patch or something.

I looked at the list and see a big difference... maybe I'll start out with Darkeethus and move up to J'zargo later.

Edited by GMatthews

Ahh, but I hear Darkeethus doesn't die. I guess a bug -that will probably be fixed in a patch or something.

I looked at the list and see a big difference... maybe I'll start out with Darkeethus and move up to J'zargo later.

Well remembr those are at MAX level, Jzargo is only that power when you are at level 81.

J'zargo levels up the highest, up to 81, and gets the highest hp(717) and highest magicka(450) levels of any other companions

Yeah, I read this about J'zargo but having used him now for a good few quests I am going back to Marcurio as he seems really weak in comparison.

I mean to the point that even with some heavy armour equiped he seems to go down in almost every encounter, even against a simple bear. I am not a high level though, mid twenties, but I wonder if he is bugged because the weakness is very evident.

Just out of interest, have you used them both? If so did you notice Marcurio being stronger?