Using NifScope to finalize your first file creation for use in the game
* We are going to now open 3 (Yes I said 3) nifscope windows!!
* In the first window we are going to load the original CHSBHC “femalebody_0.nif” file
* In your second window we are going to open the Original “prisonerclothes_f_0.nif” (Not the new one you just made!!)
* Finally in the third window we are going to open the NEW “prisonerclothes_f_0.nif” you just made.
TIP: If you can try to put the windows 3 in a row side by side so you dont get confused, with your prisoner file to the far right.
* Click the Arrow next to the NiNode on Your prisoner outfit file then the arrows next to the 2 NiTriShapes below that:
* While your at it you should expand the NiNodes and NiTriShapes of the original body file and original prisoner file.
Note: Let me quickly explain what the heck we are doing here.
-You see when we export from 3dsmax it breaks the BSLightingShaderProperty (You can see this in your nifscope under each of the NiTriShape in Nifscope.
-Also you will Notice that the original Prisoner clothing file has 3 NiTriShape's and yours only has 2. (Holy hell batman what happened? I broke it!!!!!) No you didnt break it. What happened is one of those NiTriShapes is the underwear we deleted in 3dsmax. Also one of them is the body we deleted under the prisoner clothing? (Dont remember that part? Well we did it ok? Dont believe me? We did it back somewhere in part 1 go look! Told ya!)
-So since our new .nif files BSLightingShaderProperty is broken we need to copy the original working ones. But we dont need to copy the ones that we deleted!
* In the nifscope that has Your new prisonerclothes_f_0.nif file open. R click on the BSLightingShaderProperty under the clothes → Block → Remove Branch. Do the same thing for the CHSBHC_1_noweight001 section of your file (So in total you remove two BSLightingShaderProperty's from your file. Dont be alarmed if the NiTriShape move down on the list its ok really):
* Ok we are going to copy the shaders from my body mod. Go to the nifscope that has my original CHSBHC femalebody_0.nif open. R click on BSLightingShaderProperty under the CHSBHC_1_noweight001 NiTriShape section and select Copy Branch:
* Now go back to your file click on the NiTriShape. Then R click and select paste branch (It will pop to the bottom of the list we will fix that in the next step.):
* Make note of the Number to the LEFT of the BSLightingShaderProperty you pasted from the body file. In my case its “36 BSLightingShaderProperty” (this wont be the same for everyone.
* Click on the NiTriShape CHSBHC_1_noweight001 in your new prisoner clothing file. You will see a block details window at the bottom. Scroll down that window until you see properties. Click the arrow next to properties. You will see 2 properties and then Ref<NiProperty> then None. What you want to do is double click on the top Properties None and type in the number of the BSLightingShaderProperty I had you make note of in the previous step. In my case I typed in 36. This will attach that shader to the body in your file and the shader will now jump up under your NiTriShape CHSBHC_1_noweight001 section of your file:
* Ok now go to the Original prisonerclothes_f_0.nif that you have open in a separate window.
* We only need the BSLightingShaderProperty From the NiTriShape clothes section as the other two we deleted in 3ds max. So R click on the BSLightingShaderProperty under the clothes select blocks then copy branch:
* Go back to your NEW prisoner clothing nifscope window. Click on the NiTriShape clothes section then Right Click → Blocks → Paste branch. This will paste the BSLightingShaderProperty you copied from the clothes to the bottom of the stack.
*Make note of the number next to the BSLightingShaderProperty, Click on the NiTriShape clothes section again, look at the bottom window where the block details are shown, Scroll down to the Properties section, click the arrow to expand that section. Then under the first None double click it and type in the number that is next to the new BSLightingShaderProperty you just pated into the file.
* You should now have a BSLightingShaderProperty under the clothes and CHSBHC_1_noweight001 NiTriShape sections of your file!:
* Click file at the top of the nifscope window → Save as → and you can overwrite the new prisoner clothes file with the one you have now edited.
* In windows Copy the New “prisonerclothes_f_0.nif” you just saved and paste it into your games: “Data\meshes\clothes\prisoner” directory.
* Load up the game and put your weight slider to 0 all the way left (Open the console in game with your ~ key on your keyboard the one next to your 1 key and type in “showracemenu” Without quotes and move the slider for weight under body)
Your character should now be wearing the clothing you modded, also breast physics will be working wooohooooo!
Yayyyy we are done arent we cherry?!
Sorry no we arent! We now have to do this alllll over again but this time with the CHSBHC femalebody_1.nif
You have to run through this entire thing again but instead of importing the femalebody_0.nif like we did in the beginning we will import the femalebody_1.nif (you can keep your max file and simply delete the Body out and import the femalebody_1.nif and add more edit mesh modifiers to get it to fit the busty curvy shape. This way you dont have to add new smooth modifiers or skin modifiers to your prisoner clothes)
Then with your busty/curvy prisoners clothes version fitting the CHSBHC femalebody_1.nif, you would export the prisoner clothes as prisonerclothes_f_1.nif instead (This allows the in game sliders to go from 0 to the 1 file, so slim to curvy.) The game handles all the in between shape changes if you exported it following this tutorial.
Happy modding!! Ask questions in this thread if you have any at all!
Edited by CherryHotaling, 20 January 2012 - 07:19 AM.