Why the end of SI is such a disappointment

diosoth

Maybe Bethesda thought such changes would "unbalance" the game, maybe they thought it would take too much time to add in but beating Shivering Isles and becoming Sheogorath... gives you a staff which is semi-useless(you can't attack frozen enemies) and a couple of powers which only work in the SI, which by that point there's really nothing left to do in the SI unless you need to wrap up a couple of meager side quests. Obviously you are not yet a Daedric Prince, and Skyrim told us it'll happen eventually but not now. On the other hand, I'd half expect the other Daedric Princes to know what happened. They'd have to know Jyggalag is free again and someone else has the mantle of Sheogorath. How they'd handle their tests might be up to them but regarding you as "mortal" seems a bit rude. I'd think even the Dremora might recognize your power and as loyal as they are to Mehrunes Dagon, I have to wonder if they'd dare attack a Daedric Prince(or the holder of the power).

Mehrunes Dagon probably would not care either way and as for Mankar Cameron, he's a parrot who repeats whatever Mehrunes Dagon tells him. Evidence enough in how half of what he tells you seems to be flat out untrue. Still, it'd be nice if when you set foot into Paradise, that one Dremora recognizes you as Sheogorath and gives you the bands without hassle.

I thought the rewards were pretty good. You got a lot of interesting gear and quite a few new powers. It could have been better of course seeing as some places were still wierdly off limits to you despite your godhood. The lack of daedric recognition was also annoying. The easter egg for doing the Sheogorath shrine quest at different stages though made it all worthwhile for me.

I was a bit annoyed that there was nothing much for you to do in the Shivering Isles after beating the Shivering Isles Main quest. I thought the court healer and dancer were pretty cool rewards though.

Maybe you never actually became Sheogorath at all....maybe you just went insane...

The staff of Sheogorath that I used to freeze Dagon kinda contradicts that theory; the not being Sheogorath part, that is. I wouldn't be surprised if the CoC went mad as a hatter after SI. Personally, I imagine the CoC became something akin to Mr. Mochi for a while before fully transforming into Sheogorath.

I think that 'Control Weather' needed to be a Lesser Power and/or last longer.

I thought the court healer and dancer were pretty cool rewards though.

I watched the dancer for ten seconds and was bored out of my mind. Inspired, I enlivened things with a spot of Frenzy. The dancer stopped her stupid dancing and ran up to the Dark Seducer throne guard, punching her squarely in the face. Both the Seducer and the Golden Saint immediately pulled out weapons and attacked the dancer, who fled screaming towards the Dementia wing of the palace with the guards in hot pursuit, while the court healer also panicked and ran off the opposite way into the Mania wing. The dancer was beaten unconcious just short of the exit and the court healer was too scared to ever come back into the throne room.

I cackled and hooted at this spectacle and this made me feel more like the Mad God than any of the official quest rewards.

Edited by Lodur9000

Roflmao, I vote "The Silly Adventures of Mr. Mochi (an Oblivion Machinima)" the funniest video of the month, how do I do that, justwannaddl?

P.S. As a young lad, I had gotten both Tiny Tim's and Miss Vicki's autograph and so did my older brother!

Edited by lam0kru0k

From what little we see in Skyrim, I'm guessing that the CoC eventually turned full Daedric, which robbed them of the ability to even appear in Nirn at all. Watching the Thalmor lie and claim credit for their victory and deeds, watching all of Tamriel fall apart with no way to do anything about it... that probably drove the Champion mad.

Roflmao, I vote "The Silly Adventures of Mr. Mochi (an Oblivion Machinima)" the funniest video of the month, how do I do that, justwannaddl?

P.S. As a young lad, I had gotten both Tiny Tim's and Miss Vicki's autograph and so did my older brother!

Video of the month? They have that here on the Nexus? I just saw this in another thread a while back and thought it fit this one. :psyduck:

I guess if the guy who made the video uploaded it onto Nexus, it could be voted on like any other file. Otherwise just giving the vid a thumbs up is as close as you can get as far as I know.

@diosoth: Good theory though I do wonder whether he lost the power directly intervene or simply went so insane that he stopped caring. He may even see the Thalmor as demented fun after settling into his godhood.