• Please log in to reply
3144 replies to this topic

Nintii

Nintii

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
There is only one body mod I want and it's Dimon's ... it was worth the wait ... awesome, thank you ...

sorajmoe

sorajmoe

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
guys lets hit 300 endorsments today ! XD

jclyde6108

jclyde6108

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 361 posts
the body meshes seem to have the dismember partitions wrong. instead of part of one arm and part of one leg in one and rest of body in another,
should have a 32 ( main body) a 34 (wrists) and 38 (shins). check the stock mesh to see what i mean.

body mesh also is missing SF_VERTEX_COLORS in the shader and the vertex colors in the mesh...this will cause a face mismatch since the type 5 shader is not applying the skin tone the same way maybe?

jclyde6108

jclyde6108

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 361 posts
using the main now, looks great with the new hands and uncompressed normals. keep up the good work.
will start converting like a bandit as soon as I get one more workflow issue figured out.

Edited by jclyde6108, 28 January 2012 - 04:44 PM.

SHOOTING STAR_JIM

SHOOTING STAR_JIM

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
i hope that this mod update to install be mod manager-which is much easier to take control

knovack1

knovack1

Anon

• Premium Member
  • 670 posts
I dunno about Dim useing the Mod Manager for an install. All of his past work was Manual installs. I think he mention on one of his Fallout 3 projects, by creating a file that has to be installed manualy, makes it easier for him to update the file. But the NMM was suppose to be the "Big" change from the FOMM. It was tested to make it a lot easier for newbies wanting to try out some of the mods, with little info on manual Installs.

The NMM was suppose to stop the mods from having to manualy install the files of the mod. It is suppose to put all pieces of the a mod in the corresponding file folders automaticly. So we will just have to wait to see if Dim, goes the NMM 1 click download button, but I highly doubt he will.

The model design looks so close to David Williamson work(A Blender teacher) I always loved Dave Williamsons work, although he is a bit anal when it comes to Topography. All his Verticie's have to be all the same distants apart from one another, and have to either run perfectly up, down, and sideways with all the other verticie's in any surrounding area. His work has always been clean, and nice looking. Dispite his topography pickyness. Anyways looking forward to see where this body mod goes, when the creation kit ever comes out. Kudos

knovack1

knovack1

Anon

• Premium Member
  • 670 posts
Sorry Double post. Nexus site been slowly chugging along just recently for some reason, well on my end. Pages take several seconds to load, then just a split second like they use to.

Edited by knovack1, 28 January 2012 - 06:37 PM.

Razortramp

Razortramp

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Will be gettin' Skyrim very soon (first doing some pc-tuning to have it running smoothly then^^) but I'm already checking for good mods. And THIS is the best and most beautyful bodymod I've ever seen for a game. So, Dimon99: Keep up the excellent work!
A pitty that most of the cloth/armor-modders use CBBE (I don't like those unrealalistic anime-proportions) for matching. Are CBBE-armors and clothes also compatible to the UNP body?

Edited by Razortramp, 28 January 2012 - 07:51 PM.

Zentard

Zentard

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Preferences and recommendations:

Bandits wearing bandit armor are quite common, so bandit armor is worth converting.

Forsworn, while not common unless you do some serious adventuring, is quite popular. Both of these armors also show off the female form without any adjustments.

I suppose you meant items that qualify as npc 'clothing' though. I'll have take a closer look because it's kinda hard to pinpoint any particular item being more popular than any other. It also doesn't help much that they're all called "clothing" in game.

The 'tavern wench' dress is a popular clothing conversion. It's the one with the bangles :)

dimon99

dimon99

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

the body meshes seem to have the dismember partitions wrong. instead of part of one arm and part of one leg in one and rest of body in another,
should have a 32 ( main body) a 34 (wrists) and 38 (shins). check the stock mesh to see what i mean.

body mesh also is missing SF_VERTEX_COLORS in the shader and the vertex colors in the mesh...this will cause a face mismatch since the type 5 shader is not applying the skin tone the same way maybe?

Dismemberment- First, partitions just break on export from Blender atm, if I make them "right",exactly like vanilla, I end up with 4 partitions in Nifskope,torso(32) splits in 2,in a weird manner of course. Good thing-they pretty much USELESS, there's only one dismemberment point ingame - the head. Anyway,after Nifscripts are out and export works, they can be easily updated...if there will be any need for that. Don't worry about partitions,just make sure they fully match on _0 and _1 meshes.

NiTriShape Data settings - those settings do not change anything, of course I tried it every possible way. Normals off, vertes colors on ect ect. No change whatsoever. Benefit of keeping things like that- you can export mesh as OBJ for normal map baking straight away, otherwise it will have seams on n-map. BTW, if you check out feet meshes- they have "proper" settings for normals and v colors. Body does not. Try to FIND the seam ingame, I dare you :) So,it must be something else, with hands it was absence of specular map in vanilla NIF. It maybe needed to have all meshes exported from Blender with the same material, I simply cannot export the head at all atm, some Data gets lost.
===============================================================================
Mod manager: I don't have it installed, I never use managers, and I will only when I absolutely MUST. Installing "something somewhere" just doesn't cut it for me, I wanna know what and where FIRST :) Installing one mod with OMOD,and then unistalling it resulted in most of my toons having black holes for the eyes. It was very exiting,lol, I had over 100 mods installed and clothe to 40 custom companions, all of different races ect ect. My game was completely FUBARED,thanks to OMOD. It simply uninstalled eye meshes for Rens headmesh. Of course, I had no idea at the time WTH "mesh" means :) Took me a loooong time to fix the game.
No managers for me,ever. Managers for you? Sure,but later-when there's less updates ect ect.

@ Mshai , Great post,some good points , except on other modders, that was a single guy, and pretty uncommon type at that,you know :)
As for the body shape,well it's all much more unclear than ,say oil on canvas, tho that one can give some nasty surprises as well ;) First, mesh does not look the same in 3D App and ingame. 2. It is rigged to skeleton, thus more shape change. Some "unrealism" ,like ,say, too "corsetted" waist was done on PURPOSE. It's just based on collected experience , otherwise nice tight clothes are a real pain to fit and look like crap. BTW,even vanilla dresses do NOT fit vanilla mesh...Beth folks are no fools :) Every completely new mesh for new game I made, and I tried to make mesh look like a realistic body, resulted in some MONSTER ingame. Always too heavy,too square and simply unattractive. Always had to make lots of major changes to make things look better. As for UNP BASE meshes,yes, Heavy Pinup mesh(100% slider on both Heavy and Main) is a bit funny,BUT it simply worked the best with the slider. It provided the best result for the RANGE of variants,so I it was selected. All I can see in that aspect, I'll maybe make a more realistic variants of meshes for sole purpose-using them as the nude body ONLY. Or bikinis/such tops. All clothes /armors should be made for corsetted (released) meshes for better looks/performance.
===================================================================================
@ Kalell: Great! I'm looking forward to see it.
@RileyEvan : no pubes will be out at the same time when pubic hair texture will be made.
@Razortramp: I didn't check,but shouldn't be too bad. UVs are pretty close. Of course,the skimpier outfit is, the worse it will look.
And keep going with the clothes,yeah I like Forsworn too, It's a Glass armor in my game :) And yeah, naming bunch of different outfits as "clothes" or "fine clothes" was someone's brightest idea ...ever. It's the same with the boots too...they all are,well,Boots. Doesn't help with finding them in BSA.

And thanks everyone! :)

Page loaded in: 1.425 seconds