Skyrim PC Controller help?

tgroover42

You can use x360ce to emulate the xbox controller using any controller, google for it.

IMHO: Apart from the travesty that is the Skyrim menu system, WASD+Mouse is better than a controller.

I actually did download that emulator but I'm not really sure how to set it up correctly.

You can use x360ce to emulate the xbox controller using any controller, google for it.

IMHO: Apart from the travesty that is the Skyrim menu system, WASD+Mouse is better than a controller.

I actually did download that emulator but I'm not really sure how to set it up correctly.

http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/wiki/MainPage

Essentially, copy the exe, ini (if it exists, it will be created if not) and dll to the game's folder. Run the exe and set up your controller. Once you're done, click Save and close the program. Start the game, you should hear a beep or something to indicate that the dll has be loaded and is 'tricking' the game into thinking your controller is an XBox360 controller.

Note that if you don't have a controller plugged in and you run the game, the dll will still load and may slow down your game while the dll tries to find a controller, simply move the dll out of the game folder (or rename the dll).

To bad you didn't have enough money to buy an Xbox controller.Would've saved you a lot of headaches.I paid only $29.99 us for mines at gamespot so is not that expensive.I also bought me PC controller awhile back but couldn't never get it to work as well.So i feel for you.I wish you luck.Hopefully you can get yours to work as skyrim in my opinion is a blast to play with a controller rather than using a keyboard. Edited by Logik729

• 8 years later...