skyrim closes on it self randomly

cloudwild

i got this problem with skyrim the game kinda closes on it self no errors of any kind just as if i would logout of the game. the game was working perfectly fine but now it seams to be closing on it own more and more often. can someone plz help? There has to be a patch or something to fix this problem.

Crashes are a hallmark of Bethsoft games - you will have an occasional crash. All you can do is ti try to minimize the number and frequency of crashes. Save often to cut down on frustration.

What you are describing is called either CTD or Close to desktop. There are several causes, one is running out of RAM memory. Sometimes some background program will do something to cause it to crash - worst offenders are instant messaging, VOIP, Skype, update programs, Windows indexing. Turn any of these, and any other background processes you can all the way off to cut down on crashes.

A bug, either in game or from a mod can cause it also. As can hitting the wrong key accidentally at a critical time.

There is one where when it crashes, the skyim icon is still shown in the task bar - meaning it didn't really crash, it minimized. It's actually still running in the background. I can usually recover this by first clicking on the icon - this usually gives you a black screen with the sounds there. Then Ctrl-Alt-Del this brings up the Task manager - or in Win7 the task manager menu - select task manager from the menu. now, in the Applications tab, select Skyrim and switch to it - that MAY get your game back. If t does, make a save right away.

There is one where when it crashes, the skyim icon is still shown in the task bar - meaning it didn't really crash, it minimized. It's actually still running in the background. I can usually recover this by first clicking on the icon - this usually gives you a black screen with the sounds there. Then Ctrl-Alt-Del this brings up the Task manager - or in Win7 the task manager menu - select task manager from the menu. now, in the Applications tab, select Skyrim and switch to it - that MAY get your game back. If t does, make a save right away.

This has happened to me as well, however, an easy (and for me, flawless) way to get Skyrim back is using ALT + TAB to select Skyrim. This will make it show the black screen like you've described, but to get Skyrim to show up, just use ALT + TAB to select it again. Voila!

Though, I too have a seriously annoying problem with CTDs; every time I hit a load screen, it acts normal up until when the load screen would close back to the game. Like, RIGHT when it would load. So I think this is one of those "bottleneck code" issues, but I'm not nearly tech-savvy enough to know for sure. My character is currently stuck in Jorrvaskr, and there's only so much time you can spend in there...

EDIT: Also, not sure if it's relevant, but I can't load any areas, further interior (like the Living Quarters), or exterior back to Whiterun.

Edited by mrware

• 2 years later...

Crashes are a hallmark of Bethsoft games - you will have an occasional crash. All you can do is ti try to minimize the number and frequency of crashes. Save often to cut down on frustration.

What you are describing is called either CTD or Close to desktop. There are several causes, one is running out of RAM memory. Sometimes some background program will do something to cause it to crash - worst offenders are instant messaging, VOIP, Skype, update programs, Windows indexing. Turn any of these, and any other background processes you can all the way off to cut down on crashes.

A bug, either in game or from a mod can cause it also. As can hitting the wrong key accidentally at a critical time.

ive also had this issue and have recovered but it then minimized all those steps failed and game crashed luckily i saved but i think it saved 5 mins before and 2 seconds before i was going to save again ran boss loader and boss found nothing wrong with my mods i also manually checked to see if there were conflicts as well and non i closed skype i dont know what else i can disable and dont wanna disable wrong thing and crash whole laptop in proccess