Invalid Object Parameters for Object ID - Noob Question

JaelDwn

I am sorry if this question has already been asked a hundred times, but I could not find an answer with the search. I am very much a noob when it comes to modding, and I just want to do some slight mods to Proudspire Manor. I would rather use console commands than download any mod kits.

I have already made a few mods with some basic objects IDs that you can find by using the help command in the game, but I am having problems with objects ids that are not found when using the help search. For example, I want to put the table that is in my Riften home in Proudspire Manor. Since the table doesn't appear when I type help table 0 (or 4), I went to my Riften house and clicked on it when I was in the console and got the object ID; however, when I type the command player.placeatme with the table object ID I get the error "invalid object parameters for object ID". How do I add objects like these? I have also used the player.additem command and have tried adding parameters, and nothing works.

Again, excuse the noob question.

Edited by JaelDwn

Probably because you are using reference id and not formid.

simple explanation:

reference id: The id an item is given in the game, which is unique. Objects must have these id's there is multiple objects with the same formID inside the game, but they are on different locations with different scaling, rotation and placements (x,y,z axis)

So thats why they are given a unique reference id. Items you place with the console will also get unique reference id's that does not already excist in the game.

form id: A general ID for the object, which is the one you need to find of objects you want to place.

You need to use tessnip, fnvedit or use fosromod.com to check for the formid you need.<br>you can in both tessnip and fvnedit search with the reference id and get the formid when it's found however.

also think skyedit can do this now, not sure though as i have not tried that yet.

Edited by Sk8on

Probably because you are using reference id and not formid.

simple explanation:

reference id: The id an item is given in the game, which is unique. Objects must have these id's there is multiple objects with the same formID inside the game, but they are on different locations with different scaling, rotation and placements (x,y,z axis)

So thats why they are given a unique reference id. Items you place with the console will also get unique reference id's that does not already excist in the game.

form id: A general ID for the object, which is the one you need to find of objects you want to place.

You need to use tessnip, fnvedit or use fosromod.com to check for the formid you need.<br>you can in both tessnip and fvnedit search with the reference id and get the formid when it's found however.

also think skyedit can do this now, not sure though as i have not tried that yet.

Thanks!! I figured it was something like that but could not find anything helpful when I Googled it. I will try those!!