Need to Remove Active Effects via console.

Sader325

Make 3rd person view open console and click on your character

type "dispelallspells"

thanks for the suggestion, but as you can see a few post above it has been mentioned by multiple people that it does not solve the problem. My theory as to why is most likely because the affect is not applied by a spell or by any "timed" enchantment. Either way it doesn't make a difference. (also tried player.dispellallspells)

cheers

Edited by fuzz16

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have the same issue persistent effects that were applied and when I removed the mod in question they stayed but now display as fortify and resist without the armor attachment.

what it looks like to me is that they being converted to permanent potion effects and not magic effects as dispel and showracemenu does not remove them.

so what we need is a console command to remove potion effects. of course it would be utterly fantastic for a console command that shows the active magic effects and their id and then a way to remove those specific ids but that would be too easy.

the entire way the code attaches magic effects and displays them is mess.

anyway if anyone knows a way to display active effects in console

and a way to remove potion effects that could work.

I myself have had no such luck finding such a console command (the showav command does not show effects present)

I've found a way to get rid of those types of effects (ghost armour echantments), but I'm not too sure how many kinds of other effects you may lose.

Use the "resurrect" console command on your character. I do know that you will lose any blessings, stone effects (like the lover's stone) or Paarthanax given knowledge and will need to revisit those to get them back. I'll check to see what other effects it removes.

Edit: It removes all effects given to you but a few. Agent of Mara, Resist Frost - Nord and Greater Magic Resistance re-appeared on the list after reload, but Resist Disease - Werewolf, Ancient Knowledge, Agent of Dibella, Sailor's Repose, Sinderion's Serendipity aren't.

Ugh, I'm not sure it is worth it.

Edited by TheOutlander

I've found a way to get rid of those types of effects (ghost armour echantments), but I'm not too sure how many kinds of other effects you may lose.

Use the "resurrect" console command on your character. I do know that you will lose any blessings, stone effects (like the lover's stone) or Paarthanax given knowledge and will need to revisit those to get them back. I'll check to see what other effects it removes.

Edit: It removes all effects given to you but a few. Agent of Mara, Resist Frost - Nord and Greater Magic Resistance re-appeared on the list after reload, but Resist Disease - Werewolf, Ancient Knowledge, Agent of Dibella, Sailor's Repose, Sinderion's Serendipity aren't.

Ugh, I'm not sure it is worth it.

When I use resurrect on my character, i am stripped of all active effects and upon a reload I got NO effects remaining. This is a start because its the first time I've been able to remove the "ghost effects" at all. However, I still should have my Agent of Dibella, Resist Fire - Dark Elf Blood, and Resist Disease - Werewolf, as you mentioned. I even tried the showracemenu command in an attempt to reapply my dark elf active effect, but it failed.

I feel like this could be a potential for a fix if we are able to reapply appropriate affects.

Use player.addspell and the ID from http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Powers to re-add those powers.

that did it, in combination with the resurrect skill I now have all the appropriate bonuses

thank you guys so much, now I can finally play skyrim the right way.

To Remove "Ghost Effects"

1. use the "player.resurrect 1" command to remove ALL effects.

2. save and close skyrim, restart and reload your save to reapply racial bonus

3. use "player.addspell <ID>" to manually reapply all your justified effects

**NOTE: I have noticed that after following these steps my perk abilities are not being applied correctly, for example I am not able to zoom in with a bow or dual cast destruction spells even though I have perks in the slots; however, I was able to fix this as well by using the following mod...

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=3665

cheers

Edited by fuzz16

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
It didn't work for me I had necklace on from a mod that add water breathing and health I removed mod but forgot to UN-equip from my character. Now I can breathe underwater but I have no amulet and my health is raised. Tried all you said above but I am not even losing my characters race skills the command acts like its working but no change. Does this not work now in 15.26.

It didn't work for me I had necklace on from a mod that add water breathing and health I removed mod but forgot to UN-equip from my character. Now I can breathe underwater but I have no amulet and my health is raised. Tried all you said above but I am not even losing my characters race skills the command acts like its working but no change. Does this not work now in 15.26.

if you remember wich mod it is, reinstall it, unequip you necklass, and uninstall for the it's depending sometime of the mod, a mod can change think like this, anyway here a llink to a page they can help you whit code in game...,

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Console_Commands_%28Skyrim%29