ZEN'S GARDEN

Maharg67

I walked through the thick forest late in the night,

It was a foggy, misty night that masked everything before me,

Unknowing of what's ahead,

I continued through the forest,

Hoping to find a shining beacon of hope.

Eventually, I came across a cave,

My curious nature forced me into it,

Despite the darkness that lies within,

As I walked deeper into the cave,

I began to see something obscure around the corner.

At first,

It seemed to be something tagged on the wall,

Something shape like it possessed diabolical meanings,

As I approached the object,

Light shined and blinded me,

Welcome home Chad, welcome home

[/line]

Adrenaline filled my thoughts,

Many "What if" scenarios raced through me,

This was it,

Our last hope for survival.

Can we do it,

Will we do it,

Do we have the will,

Fate would be the one to decide.

The wind was rushing across my face,

As I gazed out into the wintry mountains,

The helicopter going at speeds that created a "flash of life" feel,

It was just that, nothing more than a prologue of things to come.

Waking up from the kiss of death,

I rushed across the battlefield,

With my fellow comrades,

The Bullets rushing through the air,

As I watched many fall to the ground.

The sky filled with a bright red and stormy sky,

It was like looking at my hatred,

Hatred... of those,

Those... who took the lives of others,

Others... that I cared deeply about.

Never forget the fallen.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found some realllllly old stuff while cleaning around my work space. ^^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Dear! My Dear!

What is in your sight?

Do you see my fear?

Am I just as a deer,

caught in your glorious light,

not sure whats there and here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love you.

Just like the sun

to start my day,

we have fun

while we make our way.

I love you more,

when we end our day.

Just like the moon,

who I wish did not come so soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The moon up so high.

It feels as if an owls' eye.

So large, so wise.

It looks right down,

right into my town.

Its wings of light stretch its way,

right over to where I lay.

There it stays all the night,

peeking right down into my soul.

It sheds its light right there,

sending away all my fear,

leaving behind all this cheer.

With a hoot off it goes,

leaving behind an new life unknown.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Cat #1

She paces gracefully through the tall grass at the back of the house, a prowling tabby tiger seeking prey to play with and devour. Her paws pad quietly over grass and ground, over a trail of small black ants and past a long lost plastic toy long faded by exposure to a bright hot sun. In the lazy afternoon crickets sing but otherwise there is mostly quiet except for the distant muffled sounds of traffic on a highway. A long colourful selection of clothes hang from a clothes line, dried in the sunshine and flapping just a little in a light cool breeze. The breeze does not disturb the cat but pleases her for it has only come in recently and the day has been rather hot. Her shadow falls briefly over an empty bottle and then she is halting and looking ahead intently past a long abandoned lawn mower. The shadow of the house does not quite reach her with its gaping windows and its slowly crumbling structure.

The cat darts suddenly through the grass and in moments she has her prey, a small wild grey mouse. She plays with it but not too much for the feline is hungry. It has been a long time since humans provided her with such as biscuits and cat's milk. It has been a long time since she has even smelt or heard a human except sometimes strange ones moving in the distance in groups. She avoids such humans by simply not going too close to them for they never go close to her.

After devouring the mouse, the cat finds some water to drink and then she sleeps under the old garden table close to the skeletal remains of what had once been a human man living in the house. That was long ago also, back when she was little more than a kitten and when the humans all went strange, when some of them died and when most of them ran away, leaving the kitten all alone to survive as best she could.

She misses the little girl!

A little preview of some of the material in my Dragonspyre library mod:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I came from a land of hatred, a sick and cruel land, aflowing monsters and malice and horror

I lay on my back as daemon razed my back with their claws, terror and despondence in my eyes

Nephilim came, disgusting chimera of knived backs and horrible razor maws, my waking torture

Everything was torture, that my soul became a shell, beaten and razed by the caitiffs always

Wone had I in slum, vicious cesspool of vapid, beastly filth that did violence inexpressable

Twixt about my jaws and teeth were vines of thorn, and nails were driven through mine tongue

They laced my back with barbed wire, and drove knives into my back and stake in my own hands

Wrapped was a chain around my throat, that my life was not to them a choke enough apparently

I was to crawl the lands on all fours, foaming as if a beast, my mind given no mercy or love

Forced by daemons to gnaw earth and grass, biting the metal as it bled my life from me whole

I was in a nightmare, no salve or boon could ever come, and I prayed those bitter pains stop

My blood was stone, and I died, a monster in the grave, marrow flowing bitterly when I spake

Then, I saw the first, as the slightest glorious aura of light and I saw those truths hidden

I went, crawling through the sanguine river my shackles and chains had sate the grounds with

Something called, as I climbed the crags, and ventured through dolorous fire and hatred pure

I asked myself this, "Could so kind God be, that my fate be not of this, rather, I to live?"

So great, O Lord, that thou hast blessed me to see this path, not to wone in Inferno forever

So I climb, for a song greater than this pulled me to the Aether, among the clouds and birds

Light pour in my eyes, as I knew it never, and still as I bled in horror, I went on, in hope

Only could I believe that you ordained greatness, not to not among those sadistic hellhounds

Clamber, did I, into the other side, the valley no longer of Death, but boon of nature, Life

I believed not what I saw, the most beautiful thing ever made, a truly unbelievable splendor

I could not understand, why a wretch, a louse, a Cain-stricken man like me could be saved so

What could I have done, I know not, I only went to see her, that I may see as last leaves me

I came, and so did she take my hand, and help me up, peasant and churl I am blessed by angel

Took she, pity on me, for from my core I bled from chain and thorn of my ruination, my hurts

She take my cup, and freed me from daemon's bind, and so my eyes saw love, it was mercy true

I was asked the reason, and I said only, "The daemon vicegrip is strong, forever its bound."

Afraid, was I, for always had I been hurt, but she only smiled and grasped my hand, I saw it

The answer was true, how could I be so naive, I never saw but dark, but she lifted the hazes

Mist and marsh, miasma and malice, all left as all came to me, for I was, I now lived, I saw

The reason I never had lived was truly because I had nothing worth fighting for before light

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Traipse gently, sweet songbird

A grace like a rose petal is so rarely felt

Like a waterfall, sweet honey flows

Your voice sates the cry of the night

So light shall a note be

So great a cast of a die in a vernal wind

You simply mesmerize me

Enrapture me tonight

Glistening moonbeams roll across your skin

Like chiming zephyrs in the autumn plains

As the night grows cold, and we shed our coats

Everything seems so right

Perfect touch, sanctify me

Every sound, tone, and whispering shadow

Echoes through the caverns of our hearts

Like the light caress of rain, you are

And as time shatters in our bliss tonight

Love is like a gentle stream

That carries both you and me to destiny

Fires blaze within our eyes

A tattered mist, a life I breathe

Razes the candle, all we are is you and me

---------------------------------------------------------------

A rose, twisted by a glass vine, gentle as satin in the breeze

Night air grows cold on the wing of a thrush, steepened by life's lease

Note a heart grows closer, and a fire burns in my eyes

Frigid night air on the window pane, best to he who lies

Ice lines roof like the dank corners that darken our very souls and heart

Mango is not sweet to the eye, but candles do play quite some part

As the snow piles along the fields, vast as eye can see

I see nothing in the world but only you and me

Pristine shallow edges of the nails rolling across, nothing meeting

Sharp hail across an icy breath, a pleasure fleeting

Like pins and needles, this sweet love pines

As the snowflakes waltz in jovial lines

I wish this time could last forever, for much more could be in store

But even when this goes away, I will still love you forever more

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Savage wounds make us not free

Making our hearts and souls into the very thorns that entwine and snare us like a serpent's ray

O, Reader, see how I be, how I see

Let me tell you now of the depths I have sunk, tied to a millstone, and the lowly excrement of the world I have sloughed through

Let no man further than this now be

For in my life, a shatter womb of a cold, dark blast of air that races down my spine and rocks me to the very core

See how it so cruelly haunts all of me!

For I have seen pain! O, how this dolorous nightmare be, that the world had a hateful smile as it tore my soul to shreds with it's malice

But even a strapped and tortured beast must realize

That we must stand through this tempest, this roaring, spiteful gale! Now you see, that in this frozen shell upon this rock we must weather!

And we must withstand all that makes the hope inside us die!

So hear me, let I shout forever more to these heavens above, that even in our darkest times, we must survive the hate of daemons, and live a life of love!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A life bound in crystal before me, filled with ruination and tattered chains

I feel the blood leave my soul as I stare, as I stare upon this unholy terror

My lips are thorns that bleed me, my teeth of nails that raze my gape in whole

A horror lived, such evil shame, and as my bones rip through my skin as daggers

I feel this hopeless crystal glass, a soulless cold air about it, as blood drips

My everything and my whole, lifted as a sacrifice to a poisonous viper from a pit

A nothing is now left, I have lost it all, and all I ask if I live in the icy Hell

I am nothing but a miasma, a mere thorn of life, a man who came here to only suffer

My world is so despondent and alone, I have no where to shed this coat, I am nothing

A time for all come, mine is said and done, but never this life was kind to me, a dog

I now see everything crashing down, life is gone, an eternal Hell is here, I die alone

My cold last breath slips away from me, and I can see no beauty in eternity, I die here

A death did I live, a nightmare was my stiff and cold embrace, and I go, vapid I am here

I cannot believe in hope, when after a Hell I lived, one more comes regardless of my life

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amber light cast amongst the silk leaves of the trees

Grains of barley shining a spectacular goldenrod

A life provided to us by the grace of nature

Yet I feel in my veins a life like never before

Verdant hills of glory, basking in the glorious aurora of Heaven above

In this sweet, soft dream, I feel a gentle ray romancing me so greatly

I feel ecstatic in the pure electric feeling about me, this great pride

So safe do I feel in your perfect embrace, so jovial does this heart flutter

And even in the coldest winter, I have warmth in you

The greatest pains are weathered through love

Bask in the glory of Creation about us

And live every second in pure happiness

----------------------------------------------------------

Crossed so silently in anticipation and patient way lies one in wait of blissful moments

And secret are the wheels of the mind as the spin and do so produce these thoughts of ecstacy

Along the way, one creeps like a shade of death, holding stiller to thee than thine shadow

So alongst the celestial beauty doth these great vines roll alongst, creating sparks of pleasure

Strokes as of a pen's graceful glide acrost that like hide of leather, yet delectable so

Surely a wait has been so very long, so share not thy coy nature, enrapture in tales of sweet glory

One ne'er knows further what lies beyond the door if not even the grandest thief can so break the lock

So adventure, doth I, further in a cavern devoid of light, ne'er known to me the stores further

Yet hold back so does not such, fulfilled as curlst doth these forlorn blades amongst mine breast

Taken by glorious hand, doth be mine necks and bathed in fire mine tongues e'er more, such beauty stills

In the luscious fronds amongst the valley, and the abyss, icy chilled voice in the myrrh scented airs

Fire brought in the way of airs, amongst the cwm alongst thee, now so simple is there, pleasurably

As a night drew to it's close, the vines spoke words unto the barren lands and gave doth futher more breath

Rounded so further in end, as oft tails doth intertwine in the waters of love and life, so spake did I

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timeless, cold world shatters all beneath my feet

A thousand streams of byzantine winds do so take me

Tattered dreams birthed in blood, razed and beat

A frayed land of rotted chains and endless graves be

Left to be weak are the wizened and meek, left cold and alone

Never to rise in the land that they die, scattered bones hung from trees

Light is not your friend here, desolate soul, blood be shown

Never to breathe, serpents fill your core with venom and ashen your knees

Nothing can see, nothing can dream, you can never find you way

Just alone in the dark, to play your part as misery bleeds your soul

Just to cry as the devils spit lies, turning to stone the day

Nothing bashes the seams like the gnashing of teeth as this cold hole

Never to be, spitting all of the dreams you have in this forgotten abyss

Light in lashes and steam can never seem so cruel as this despondent way is fed

Never believe that the wyrm slows his pace as he petrifies you hopeless

Left in rivers of boiling lead, fighting the bloody foaming inside your own head

A voiceless beast to take all your speech, come see its way and bow down in fear

Tattered, bruised, and torn asunder is a man who made such choice in the dusk of his life today

A roar always flares, destroying the light and raping the soul, you remain here

Timeless, these days, violent torments are what you see before you, tommorow, forever, and today

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life's way so found in the seventh way

Mystery ever abounds in the mist

Rife lies my soul, and weary by this day

Tuned like a lyre is fate, life held in a fist

So did I come of a violent storm, a nomadic life

Ne'er so clear this amongst chattering teeth

As the coarse lines aboust my throat ring in strife

As I reach a false Eden, a land that makes me seeth

For I scream alongst the air so great, I bellow so

Know I so that no meadow doth be in a field of nails

And so came before my path man twixt, one so well I know

Comest hither, this man so further said, so violently he hails

Write upon his skin linen robes, hood, cloak, all white

Twixt so great his hand, skeletous machinacha that swath so webs

So doth the life passeth through my fingers in this night

So I see soon justly and quickly why life so indeed doth so ebbs

His face aegis of rotten sanguine slag on one, the other darkened core

A nightmare of hellish thorns fromst his collar one, other, serpents' many so chains

Realized of the womb of poisoned ash, vile being of the Great prostitute

E'er so my blood run ice, so darkened my hue doth be in this paralyzing pain

Verily, doth be my fate he hold, as light left my animus in this hour

Petrified, wizened daemon of a tree of pestilence begat of dolorous vines

My gall runs sickly cold, my soul doth be iron, rusted rotten core, so sour

My soul dies inside, so fore me are the blended, so greyed are these, the lines

Taken and enslaved in a monstrous cage is so forth the state of my all

Undeniable is his roar, the end come, and there rises no further light

Pray doth I, that my soul doth be taken from the razing chains of the fiery wall

Cry rivers of acid, and spew bloody foam doth I, so long as none prevails right

Wrapped in the shadows, doth light come forth, and end this nightmare now

Razed is the way, and blinded are all who fall to the daemon's eye in strife

I question not the way I could be called into faith, and I ask not so how

I am saved, in a rapture's glance, I have been called out of death and now into life

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spun of mystery, and birthed of passion that resounds

Love is he rose that blooms so saccharine and sweet

Right out of the womb of the lost that are found

And further shall I dive into the glory of Love's feat

Encased in alabaster, kissed by jasper, and warmed by myrrh

Romanced by the aurae of the crystal winds, and wrapped in melody

A restless, uncouth happiness, amongst the fronds of an autumn fir

Love is grand, Love is magnificent, a charm from a pristine symphony

So tell this I, to you, so that you may see the glory between us in the air

Our love is delectable and spectacular, a marvel of nature's way true

And as I see the graceful light that flare above, around us and everywhere

I can tell you one thing for sure, my sweet, that, forever, I love you

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully, these will finally stir decent interest in the mod. I do not use this as a platform for promotion or glory, I merely wish to let the world see my heart and soul poured out across the pages. As many of these indicate, I am a romantic, and believe love is possibly the most powerful thing in writing, for it defines writing. If you decide to download my mod, though you don't have to, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the writing of these.

I did this in an hour and a half so excusa-mwah, um me, I had a lot of fun doing it ... giggling like a schoolgirl ... it isn't the best but hey, I like me for trying ... it's called :

Bang you dead my friends are safe.

What a win when the writing says Fin, the final goodbye at the end

so you can rest to tend your wounds on the mend, and your

sisters defend from the enemies that rend and the souls that depend

on the freedom you give, so you offer your life to free them from strife

and give a new start as the love from your heart you spill on the floor

so you kick in the door and going straight to the core, into the heart

where the evil did start.

You look so stunning when your enemies are running all dressed in black

As you stealth attack your deathly pose like a thorn on a rose

Like a claw from a cat, from the dark like a bat, your guns all ablazing

You’re so hot and amazing when spitting lead straight through their head

to the grave they’re now wed, the earth’s now their bed... frikkin dead, said Fred

It was all slow motion like drinking a potion, when the foes fell back

And their vision went black, when their blood was shed in a pool of red

Now it’s all Fin, it’s all over, we’re back at the end, it’s time for goodbye

No one to rend.

THE DRAGON #1

With a sweep of wings the dragon slows and backs through the air down towards the perch of a small mountain top. Smoke rises up from a distant castle as foolish humans do battle with each other with crude warmachines like stone throwing catapults and big metal bowls that spill hot oil onto the attackers. Arrows fly through the air in clouds. Soldiers clash with swords, spears, axes and other weapons as the attackers climb ladders to get to the battlements.

The dragon observes with seemingly impossible capacity of vision. Dragons pretend not to care about what humans get up to with each other but in truth the Dragon Imperium sends scouts out, on a regular basis, to spy on just what they are doing. At least what they are doing on a bigger, more visible, scale.

The air is clean, cold, fresh and does not smell of humans or human conflict, thankfully.

A great mountain eagle circles in the air as it seeks out prey below. The dragon admires the beauty of these strange other creatures with their beaks, feathers, amazing abilities but surprisingly small brains. The eagle notes the dragon is there but is not concerned; dragons do not intentionally hurt birds of prey.

These mountains are mixture of lower ones, such as the one that the castle tops, and bigger, taller ones with their peaks well lost in the clouds. They are white clad with snow in places, hard rocky grey in others. These mountains are very old and were once much larger and taller, back when the world was much younger.

The dragon quietly observes the humans who are not even aware that she is there.

In A Dovah's Wings

On the road to Ebonheart

A woman fair did so travel

Unaware of what would unravel

A voice came to reach her

"How is thee so, lady fair?"

She heard a voice and searched where

It said further, "Above."

She looked to see a large dragon

She thought about that last flagon

The dragon said, "My name."

"It is so Krentviing."

"I am young and offer many things."

The lady said, "Name the price."

"For what must I now give?"

Said he, "Calm, thou art to live."

He said, "My offer is plain and simple."

"I am young, eager, bold, virile, rife."

"I give a little offer, a token for thy life."

"I may present myself in a meadow."

"I may romp in a graceful field."

"Prowled from Blackrose to West Weald."

"Test but some water, nourish the tongue."

"Hold by a life, and not an action."

"What thou hath seen of life is a mere fraction."

"Try a rhythm stronger, tie taut a different drum."

"You will find many things..."

"Inside a Dovah's wings."

The lady said, "Fair bout to play of riddles."

"But shadows shall not whisper of time."

Krentviing said, "Living is no crime."

The lady said, "Ascend the skies to reign?"

Krentviing said, "Maybe spiral to a dive."

"Nonetheless, wings make thee alive.

"Subtle whips upon the air lie sierra fronds."

"Sea and sky take the life of the bold."

"Every joy is felt before thou art forever in the cold."

Krentviing laid on side and said, "Wine is red as blood."

"You shall find many things..."

The lady said, "Heard I stranger than this."

"The offer is fair, and bitter is a night."

"Every life starts and ends in a fire alight."

Krentviing took her close and said, "I assure you..."

"You will find many things..."

THE CRAZY MAN

Yes, I am a crazy man!

But sometimes in the ranting and ravings of a crazy man

There is truth

Even if the so called not so crazy people do not wish to hear it.

The crazy man dances at the bottom of the garden.

The crazy man dreams crazy dreams of perfectly normal people doing crazy things.

The crazy man does not every hurt anybody in any way at all.

Who is really the crazy man?

Edited by Maharg67

TWO STEPS FORWARD - ONE STEP BACK

I strive to go forward

against the flow of my fixations

addictions and delusions

against bad conditioning

against bad influences of

many kinds.

Two steps forward

one step back

seems always the way