Playstation 160 vs 320

Monty30

My 40 GB ps3 just broke down on me about an hour ago after 5 fun-filled years :sad: . And now I'm looking into buying another system. Money isn't an issue and I can get past the hard drive space. But I wanted to know which one is more stable, and won't break as easily.

It shouldn't matter unless they were released at different dates (maybe different hardware? I am not sure as I haven't followed consoles in a while). Systems tend to break at random. I have a friend go through five 360's but my one is still going. My PS3 broke but none of my friends had the problem. Realistically with a console when will you ever need over 160GB? If you were fine with a 40gb and it can't be repaired than the 160 would probably be a better option than the 320 because your most likely wouldn't even use 160gb.

Ouch the 40gb, that was truly a good console. the 40gb was ps2 backwards compatible, so was the 20gb. i had a 60gb that recently started giving video artifacts and random gpu freezing, it was time to get a new one :sad: . Also had a 360 fail on the first week i had it, compared to it wich ones worse lol. rrod'ed on me. Anyways atleast the ps3's has decent cooling. Unlike the 360.

if you wan't to go portable though, get a psvita instead, its more powerful then the 360 even, it has 512mb ram plus 128mb of vram. also it has a quad core arm cpu onboard as well.

Edited by Thor.

Ouch the 40gb, that was truly a good console. the 40gb was ps2 backwards compatible, so was the 20gb. i had a 60gb that recently started giving video artifacts and random gpu freezing, it was time to get a new one :sad: . Also had a 360 fail on the first week i had it, compared to it wich ones worse lol. rrod'ed on me. Anyways atleast the ps3's has decent cooling. Unlike the 360.

my 80gb is still going strong (as far as i can tell lol) it too is backwards compatible. the one thing i hope they do with the PS4 is keep back wards compatibility back to PS2....i have an XHDD to store anything else. at the time, i had bought a few movies off the PSN (before it had netflix) and thats where i kept them, as well as storing all my save game data. i still save it there, but i also save it on the PSN Cloud (i believe its a PS+ only feature)...i probably would have run out of space by now, but i deleted old games off my PSN that i dont have anymore (still have the save game data though) or games that i havent played in a while....for example i deleted MGS4 of my HDD to get space, and just reinstalled it when i wanted to play it again.....i think i have like 25gb left on my drive, where at one point it was completely full (back when the movies were on it.

if you wan't to go portable though, get a psvita instead, its more powerful then the 360 even, it has 512mb ram plus 128mb of vram. also it has a quad core arm cpu onboard as well.

oh jeez Thor, come on bro...he didnt even mention anything about portable gaming. your trying too hard at this point.

Lol true... Still its worth i try...:tongue:

surprised you dont addition to be the next PSV spokesperson. if only Sony knew how much trouble you go through to spread their propaganda

There lack of advertising is kind of disturbing, ya ever wonder why its doing so bad in japan, its the same thing here, its becuase everyone i know has no clue what the psv is.

I probably would do a better job at marketing lol. Even though you need schooling for that sort of thing.

Edited by Thor.

you dont NEED schooling for marketing.

the only marketing ive seen for it, is the Taco Bell give a way thingy.

i thought it was doing well in Japan? (probably should stop here, PM me if you have a response, no need to high jack his thread)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...