How do i add modded items to the spawn list so they spawn normally

MotherGOOSE76

Im close to starting a new massively modded playthrough but one of my requirements is i want modded items to spawn normally without having to noclip around and put them in containers. I also dont want to have to buy them I would rather find them. Thanks for anyone who helps!

In GECK, there's a category titled Leveled Item (under Items). It contains a whole bunch of lists that tell the game what items should be spawned in randomly filled loot containers, vendor inventories and enemies. These are usually called "leveled lists" because much of their contents are affected by player level (which is why you tend to find more powerful items in better condition the higher your level is). Adding your items to these lists causes them to appear randomly in the game like any other non-unique items, and is what is meant when mod descriptions mention "leveled list integration" or some such.

The sheer number of these lists can look daunting at first, but if you use filters with some fairly obvious keywords and look around a bit you should get the hang of it. Lists starting with "Cond" are used for randomly determining the condition of spawned items, and are usually referenced by other lists; lists starting with "Vendor" are used to randomly fill vendor inventories; lists starting with "Loot" are used to spawn random loot on enemies and in containers; and so on.

In order to add an item to a list, you can double-click on the list to open it in its own window and EITHER go back to the Object Window, find the item you want to add and physically drag-and-drop it into the list, OR right-click on an empty spot on the list (to create a new default list entry) or on an existing entry (to create a copy of that entry) and select "New" from the context menu, and then you have to edit the new entry into what you actually wanted to add. (ETA - Sorry, I was originally a bit off, there: drag-and-drop is required for adding items into Form Lists, but Leveled Item lists can also use the right-click menu. GECK is kind of a mess like that.)

ALTERNATELY, if you want to place an item in a specific location in the game as is often done with unique weapons and such, there's a list of world spaces in the Cell View window; find the one you want to place the item in (note that there are several lists; Interiors seems to be displayed by default, but if you want to place the item in an open air location go to WastelandNV instead), double-click it to open it in the Render Window, then find the item in the Object Window and drag-and-drop it into the Render Window. The item will now appear in the list of objects on the right side of the Cell View window, and double-clicking it there allows you to edit it's exact location and rotation, ownership, whether it can be picked up by wandering AI, and so on.

Common practice is to put the items in an ownerless container, just to be safe. For this you'll have to create the container in the Object Window (they're found in the Container category, under World Objects) and add it into the world space by drag-and-dropping it into the Render Window just like any other item. The easiest way to create a new container is to double-click on an existing one that uses whichever world model you want (fridge, gun cabinet, briefcase, etc.), change its ID and name, and click OK; at this point GECK will ask whether you want to create a new form instead of renaming the old, so click Yes and you'll have your new container. Now just edit its contents and attributes (remember to remove any owners, unless you specifically want the player to have to steal the goods) and add it to the world space of your liking. Done!

Edited by Hexrowe