[For Nvidia Optimus users] GUARANTEED fix for Post Process Injectors u

vidmost

Tired of Post Process Injectors like FXAA or ENB not recognizing your Nvidia card on your Optimus laptop? There is in fact an easy (kinda) fix for it.

1. Open TESV.exe in your game directory with a Hex editor (e.g. Winhex, Ultraedit).

2. Use the search ASCII option to find d3d9.dll, you will get TWO results.

3. Change both instances of d3d9.dll to something different (for example d3fx.dll). Save.

4. Rename d3d9.dll in your game directory to match the ones you remamed in TESV.exe

Provided you have selected the preferred graphic processor the programs in your Nvidia control panel, the game will now be using your Nvidia card to render the post process injectors. Enjoy the sceneries! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I've been having trouble with this too (nothing else worked) but I changed any d3d9 I saw in tesv.exe to d3fx, and the .dll file, but it wouldn't run (error 51). I changed the tesv.exe values back, and left the .dll as d3fx.dll, and whaddya know, skyrim decided to use my nvidia gt 540m card and I got higher fps (tripled to quadrupled. If anyone's using the newest nvidia drivers, do play around with it. This has got to be one of the crappiest ports I've ever seen... D:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry to Necro this thread, but it really helped!

Also this will work for ANY game that won't force your Nvidia card.

Just installed the game for the 1st time and trying some modding when i encountered the Optimus problem, could modify the TESV file but cannot find the equivalent on the game directory, any suggestions?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...