Oblivion to Skyrim Porting (Please Help)

darkstar0303

There are some clothes mods I want to port over from Oblivion but I don't know how hard it will be. Can someone explain how to do it correctly so I don't screw up my Skyrim(For the third time in a row)? Edited by darkstar0303

Beth doesn't allow it. New items created that LOOK like the old are okay.

Edit: Okay, so who's Beth? my friend asked. Bethesda Softworks does not allow porting of resources from one game to another. You can do it for your own personal use only, just can't post any mods containing such items.

Edited by Susurruss

Beth doesn't allow it. New items created that LOOK like the old are okay.

Edit: Okay, so who's Beth? my friend asked. Bethesda Softworks does not allow porting of resources from one game to another. You can do it for your own personal use only, just can't post any mods containing such items.

Sorry I probably worded wrong. HOW do I port, say, Schoolgirl clothes mod of Oblivion for my own personal use in Skyrim. (As in how do I fit them to Skyrim Skeleton, how I get to function properly, etc.) Sorry I seem to always not be specific enough. :sweat:

Er yea. Armor. I assume you're using 3ds max. Ok, basically:

1. Import the Oblivion nif as is into 3ds max.

2. Import a skyrim body and skeleton.nif

3. "Pose" the armor mesh from Oblivion to conform roughly to the Skyrim mesh by moving bones. It should be close, but not perfect.

4. Collapse > Editable Poly the armor mesh

5. Delete the oblivion skeleton.

6. Add an Edit Poly modifier and fix remaining alignment issues. Sorry, can't be more precise here.

7. Skin Wrap > (the body) > Face Deformation > Weight all points > Apply

8. (the hard part) Fix any remaining skin weighing issues. This probably includes the gauntlets, etc. Sorry, can't be more precise here.

9. Export.

10. Fix mesh in NifSkope (see the numerous tutorials online).

If that was too complicated, put your request in the mod requests forum.

Edited by jimhsu