Blender and .nif files?

zzjay

As mentioned Blender can't handle Skyrim .nifs so what I recommend is either creating your own in blender then importing it to the working skyrim nif or export with nifskope your .nif as a .obj, import this to blender, finishing editing, then export as a .obj, and import the new .obj onto your working skyrim .nif.

that's what I did. hope this helps

• 11 months later...
Well I'm totally lost, cant find a Skyrim Specific Tutorial that isnt outdated. And the tutorial mentioned above they dont really explain much. They assume that you have working knowledge of blender and nifskope and such, but if I had working knowledge I wouldnt need a tutorial lol. For once I wish someone would make a "take you by the hand and show you step by step what needs to be done" type of tutorial, what program versions are needed and WHY you need those particular versions. Ya know really explain everything, cause I tell ya I'm getting a headache just trying to figure all this out, seems like way to much work for something that should be relatively simple. Heck all I wanted to do was widen the window opening on one of the models so that the window I was using fit better. But now I may just say to heck with it, too much of a pain trying to figure all this out, with no really good indepth tutorial.