Bethesda HD pack override

ChurchofXenu

just wondering would it not be possible to just change skyrim.ini

Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

to

Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa

and just delete or disable the esp

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, this works, at least is what shows the primary tests. Be sure to make the changes both in the Skyrim.ini and Skyrim_Default.ini (found in the main Skyrim folder just in case you need to rebuild the former) Edited by nosisab

Do you have to do this to use any HD mod with the official pack? And will doing this make it able to have the bethesda hi res pack + other texture mods?

And do you have to disable the esp after doing this?

What this does is it allows you to use the official HD texture pack, and modder created textures. The modder created ones will be able to override the textures from the HD pack that they need to override.

THANK YOU for this simple , easy to understand answer for those of us unfamiliar with all this texture jargon and bsa esp talk :)

Now if you could answer me one more question? If i havent downloaded the official high res pack.. can i make these ini changes FIRST then download the pack.. deactivate the esp and im set? Or do i have to download it first?

Thanks!

I think changing the file names themselves could be safer than changing the ini.

No. Changing file names won't do anything, or infact may cause problems. You either change the ini as stated in the first two posts (which is 100% SAFE) or you unpack the HD texture pack's bsas and delete its esps (which leaves you with gbs worth of loose files).