HELP CREATING FOLLOWERS WITH THE CK PLEASE.

louis118

You're kidding me right? Cause that's exactly what i did and:

1) they don't spawn in the location I placed them (they don't spawn at all since i do move to and nothing happens)

2) once spawned with console, if i have a follower they have all dialogue, when i dismiss my follower they have limited dialogue...

No, I am not kidding you. I dropped her into Sleeping Giant Inn, and there she was. She only had one topic, "follow me", but when following she has wait here, I need you to do something, let's trade, and let's part ways. When asked to wait she waits. I've been playing for a few hours and as I said, it's working.

This was a from-scratch follower. Perhaps you duplicated someone who has some extra scripts that are preventing it from working.

You're kidding me right? Cause that's exactly what i did and:

1) they don't spawn in the location I placed them (they don't spawn at all since i do move to and nothing happens)

2) once spawned with console, if i have a follower they have all dialogue, when i dismiss my follower they have limited dialogue...

No, I am not kidding you. I dropped her into Sleeping Giant Inn, and there she was. She only had one topic, "follow me", but when following she has wait here, I need you to do something, let's trade, and let's part ways. When asked to wait she waits. I've been playing for a few hours and as I said, it's working.

This was a from-scratch follower. Perhaps you duplicated someone who has some extra scripts that are preventing it from working.

Hmm. I guess it's the duplication causing issues. I'll try it then. Hope it works :)

and sorry for my harsh tone...I'm just pissed at the devs for totally ignoring this aspect of the CK in their tutorials...

edit:

btw, how do you edit the faction rank? I can't figure out since i found no option to input rank...

edit2:

I also can't set relationship...since he doesn't appear in the list by ID or name...

edit3:

also, which AI package did you use? I have never used a CK before, so have no idea what a new character needs...and that's why I'm disappointed by the devs not doing anything on this...

Edited by 92DemonKing

I tried another and it didn't work, so I will have to check what I did with the other one that is different. The only difference I see is the Marriage faction, must be missing something. Sorry, a friend came over and I won't be able to figure this out tonight.

Faction rank: single click on the number.

Relationships: Looks like you have to save and reload.

AI packages: none at all!

I tried another and it didn't work, so I will have to check what I did with the other one that is different. The only difference I see is the Marriage faction, must be missing something. Sorry, a friend came over and I won't be able to figure this out tonight.

Faction rank: single click on the number.

Relationships: Looks like you have to save and reload.

AI packages: none at all!

I tried saving and reloading, but still he doesn't appear in the list for some reason. i set his id to "AAACustomFollower1" but it doesn't show up in the list...

edit:

after closing and opening CK 6 times he appeared in the list...

Edited by 92DemonKing

I am not very experienced in modding, however until one of the more knowledgeable veterans shows up I'll do what I can.

First go to the oblivion nexus and look for cm partners mod. They have a tutorial that is quite extensive, although it

probably doesn't work with ck. I have downloaded the ck and from what little I have seen is very similar. It may work

the same way. The modders that created the cm partners hopefully will make one for Skyrim. In any case when modding

followers in oblivion it was a great help to me. (Just opened the ck the actors modding menu looks the same as for

oblivion). The cm partner tutorial might be helpful. You'll have to be patient with yourselves and experiment to get what

you want. One thing that is very important is to select the skyrim esm and be sure to activate it to load all the meshes

and textures and be sure to save your work before exiting. Be sure when placing your new character in game that they are

placed in the cell on the ground or floor if not they could be in the sky or the rafters, you will never find them.There

is a tutorial at http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Main_Page, if you are beginner I suggest this site Remember this is for Oblivion however there maybe hints as how to work the CK.

Edit DO NOT Install the cm partners mod into your Skyrim directory, just read the tutorials.

Edited by Tammiwizard

With what "ar13" said, I was able to create a fully functional follower placed at riverwood inn.

Now what i need to do is actually make him follow me by default without need for in-game interaction. i.e. when I load the game and fast travel, he appears by me and follows me. Any help?

Edit:

Thanks a lot to "LawnGnome" for giving me this tutorial. It's not for skyrim CK but it's similar enough :)

give him kudos :D

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/modules/members/index.php?id=1055161

Edited by 92DemonKing

I am very *very* new to this also, I created a follower, two of them actually, it was a real PITA. One is a clone of Jordis, who has been renamed and made into a unique NPC, she even has a dog that follows her around. So far she seems to work alright. She does only have the one topic, "Follow me, I need you help" initially, but it seems to work after that.

All I did was copy jordis and start changing her, removed the housecarl factions, the solitude factions, etc... just kept the "follower" factions (currentfollower -1 and potentialfollower 0, also only used the defaultsandbox*512 AI package) and it seemed to work. *edit* I forgot, I also set her relationship with the player to "Ally".

I actually did this pre-CK. The "alternative" tools seem easier to use, but maybe that's just me. :) I left the marriage factions in there but have not tested that yet.

She does suffer from the face/body mismatch bug, but that's ok for now. She is still Nord race, which maybe why it is working... I say that because, I also created a new race "CompanionWolfRace" which is turning into a real real PITA. I cannot get them to use the "DialogFollower" script for the life of me. What I have done is created a script that sort of fakes it and sets all the vars and then the dog will follow you after you click on them, but you have no control (no wait here, etc...). I'm still not quite sure how I got it to even work that well after days of trial and error learning... Now I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get them to howl like wolves again, I'm searching for some conditions on the wolf sounds but cannot find them.

I think there are big issues if you start creating new races, too many (possibly) hidden conditionals

I hope some of that helps, if not ignore me. :)

http://r1de.net/~ride/pics/skyrim/ss98.jpg

Edited by r1de

Thanks to all the people that have helped with this - I was able to create a follower and she did indeed follow me! I also did it with a dremora but had to use a differnt voice. I then decided to try to create a dragon follower; it kind of worked. I had to give him the dog follower script and he did follow me to a fashion but he kept getting stuck and stuff and you cant stop him from following you, you can't trade with him and there's no diologue at all.

So my next question is: how do you suppose we make a working dragon follower?

About dragon followers. Putting them as normal followers is NOT a good idea. They bug quite a bit while walking. I just used the Call Dragon effect on a dragon and applied it permanently. Now he follows me wherever I go, except in buildings, which is a good thing....you don't want a dragon as big as half the building to be in with you...

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/imageshare/image.php?id=41933

btw, anyone else having an issues with followers skin color? No matter what skin color I set to my nord follower he always uses the default color...

Edited by 92DemonKing