Face/Skin/Texture(?) Problem - need help

TechanonDuesterwind

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/9813/texturehelppicturecompl.jpg

So, this is my Problem.

What can i do?

More infos:

I do not use any addons.

I do not use any own textures or something like that.

I just use the creation kit, nothing more.

Skin is darker than the face texture or the other way round.

War paint and scars are not on the skin.

And so on ...

I have this problem with:

- Self-created characters.

- Edited characters.

Skyrim is completely new installed - the creation kit too.

Creation kit: Just normal things like hazel green eyes, skin 1, other hair and so on - nothing very special.

Yeah, i keep it short - focus on the important things ... ^^

I hope someone can help me ... ?

I do not understand what the problem is >.<

( I hope my english is not too bad )

Edited by TechanonDuesterwind

Ok, I found a fix that works for pre existing/editted NPCs, it does not work for newly created NPCs. This is from one of the staff on the Beth forums, I tried it, it works and it is quite easy.

Here's a technique that helps when modifying an NPC from the base game.

•Locate some pre-existing NPC. I chose Hadvar.

•Edit the Actor > Character Gen Parts tab. I decided to make a drastic lip color change

•Click MaleHeadNord_Lips.dds in the left-sice "Face Tint Layers" list

•Click "Select Color" - choose something extreme, like a neon green

•Slide "Interpolation Value" all the way to the right (1.0)

•Click OK

•In the Object Window, find the base Actor you've just edited.

•With the Actor(s) selected, press ctrl+F4. Click "Yes" when prompted to export.

•This will create a DDS and a TGA in ...\Syrim\data\Textures\Actors\Character\FaceGenData\FaceTint\Skyrim.esm

•Note: The TGA is not really neccessary, as the DDS should be uncompressed.

•With these textures in place, run the game and test your NPC. Note that the plugin changes need not be saved.

When asked about it working for newly created NPCs his reply was "Unfortunately not. That's an issue we are looking into."

I'm getting the same problem with new NPCs. I haven't gotten around to trying to fix it yet though, so I'm not much help.

But it is "good" to see, that i am not the only one with that problem ... god damn it.

TES: Oblivion ... changed faces, whatever - ingame it was there, perfekt.

Skyrim ... nooooooooooo ...

- - - -

Ok, I found a fix that works for pre existing/editted NPCs, it does not work for newly created NPCs. This is from one of the staff on the Beth forums, I tried it, it works and it is quite easy.

Here's a technique that helps when modifying an NPC from the base game.

•Locate some pre-existing NPC. I chose Hadvar.

•Edit the Actor > Character Gen Parts tab. I decided to make a drastic lip color change

•Click MaleHeadNord_Lips.dds in the left-sice "Face Tint Layers" list

•Click "Select Color" - choose something extreme, like a neon green

•Slide "Interpolation Value" all the way to the right (1.0)

•Click OK

•In the Object Window, find the base Actor you've just edited.

•With the Actor(s) selected, press ctrl+F4. Click "Yes" when prompted to export.

•This will create a DDS and a TGA in ...\Syrim\data\Textures\Actors\Character\FaceGenData\FaceTint\Skyrim.esm

•Note: The TGA is not really neccessary, as the DDS should be uncompressed.

•With these textures in place, run the game and test your NPC. Note that the plugin changes need not be saved.

When asked about it working for newly created NPCs his reply was "Unfortunately not. That's an issue we are looking into."

Okay,THX!!!

The character i want to have is based on Jenassa - so i only changed face, class, etc - no new npc.

And so i do hope that this will work!

Right now i am not at home, but i will test it.

Thx for help and please, if there are updates for a better fix for that problem or something like that - tell me!

I edited a character and it's ID (a redguard) and finally I pushed Control + F4 while selecting the NPC, I clicked OK an all of that... but when I opened the game her face was (still) almost white while her body was... well, black.

A fix that I noticed for new NPCs (Ones not based off another actor) is that you go to the console, type "setnpcweight 1", then repeat but change the 1 to whatever you want it to be (Max 100). Make sure to click the npc as well.

This did work to make the head and body mesh... but did not add the tats or color changes...