Import New Meshes into Skyrim?

dragonclaw88

Here is my blog, where I desribe how to import a new character from 3ds max into skyrim

http://3694.blogspot.com/search/label/Skyrim

Sorry it is in russian

But in the 2nd and 3rd part you can find a link for a normal skeleton for skyrim. It was created for using in 3dsmax with CAT system and has a Z oriented axis for bones and there is no problem for mirroring weights in skin.

It a WIP but it works correctly in nifscope.

It already has bones for armor and weapons and correct names for body parts.

If you have any question you can ask it using

skype Sefcheg

icq 469 240 460

can ask you a favor? could you try making a your own static mesh such as buildings or ships and see if it appears in-game? Because my ship model does not appear in-game even though it does appear in Creation Kit. I used 3ds max 2012 and exported the ship as nif file. Thank you so much in advance. Here is my post regarding this issue: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/569417-i-need-mod-experts-help-me-please/page__st__10

• 4 weeks later...
I was able to get as far as creating a very simple mesh, export it view it in Nifscope and attempt to texture it. I have a mesh file and an accompanying texture file but when I import them into the CK all I got was the exclamation image. I used the several different wikis out there which don't address new original meshes. If someone who knows how to do it (and doesn't seem to have a holier than thou attitude) perhaps they would be willing to put together a tut for those of us who are newbs. Having to learn the process while learning nifscope, bsaOPT, modeling progs like 3dsmax and the CK is a tall order some help would be great.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully somebody sees this, haha............I am trying to get a new object in game, and I think all i need to do is figure out how to make that xxxxx_m.dds texture file, I have everything but that, I'm using Photoshop CS5 with the NVIDIA tools.

So far, when I try to add to the CK, it just tells me Im missing the _m.dds texture file, anyone know how to create that in photoshop?

• 2 years later...

Installing New Meshes (This maybe all wrong I have had errors about missing textures and havent managed to do it yet but it looks hopeful):

1. Place you meshes and textures into the correct folders. (e.g. C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\meshes\myMod\oldBuildingWood\walls\wallOldWood001.dds) If you dont have a meshes folder then just create one likwise with a texture folder.

2. Open the Creation Kit.

3. Load skyrim.esm.

4. Right click on the table part of the object window.

5. Select New.

6. Navigate to your mesh (This is where I get stuck with errors regarding textures if I ignore the creation Kit crashes).

And from here I dont know where to go yet but will update if I find out any more.

Hope it helps.

If you get it all working please please please let me know. Thanks.

This is the problem I have... if I select "New" from the Object window nothing happens, Nada, zilch, zero. I already have a .nif someone created.

What am I doing wrong?

Creating your own custom Havok Collision info is fairly easy and doable.

You just gotta 'clean it up' in nifskope afterwards as the exporter doesn't label the falgs all correctly.

Of course, that's on Max 2014 version using the newer nif import/export plugin by ehlmatropian. (Which unfortunately does not do everything the 2012 version does)

But yea, you can still follow any guide from Oblivion or Fallout for changing and customizing the havok collision. Just be sure you lookup a newer tutorial so the flag offsets are correct in nifskope afterwards.