Crossbow Mod

amnsonn

The model is done, Looks awesome. Now I've started the task of bringing it into Skyrim. I NEED HELP! This .nif thing is a nightmare! I've finally exported the model as a .nif but now nifscope isnt working for me. SO here is my request, I'm looking for other modders with more experience in this department. If I give you the model can you help me bring it in and release it as a group effort? So, who wants to help?

Things to keep in mind if your thinking about helping.

- I use Autodesk Maya

-I've converted the textures to the proper format already .dds if I'm not mistaken? Including color, normal, and specular maps

If you have any questions just let me know! This mod is gonna be awesome lets make it happen!

Here are some renders of the model.

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l567/amnson/xbow_1.jpg

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l567/amnson/xbow_2.jpg

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l567/amnson/xbow_3.jpg

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l567/amnson/xbow_4.jpg

This looks great! Nice work here.

Now you just need to make crossbow bolts that have the different spell effects and this mod will soar. Paralyze bolt, Frenzy bolt, Fire bolt any of the spell effects put into the ammo instead of being cast will make this the weapon of choice in Skyrim. Good luck with it I hope you get a nice team because this could be very special. I know I'll be on the lookout.

(Probably off topic)

I use Autodesk Maya too and if you dont mind could I add you on steam, (I just need some easy tips for UV unwrap, I made a musket :D )

(On Topic)

Did you use the updated .xml file for skyrim (nifscope) ?

Btw , unless you are against musket and pirate style firearm, I had a mod idea (that could use your crossbow too, however I have no skills with the CK yet)

Here it is: As the player levels up new weapons would appear in the game , to beging it would be obviously crossbows (I mean ranged weapons) and then later musket , (Wouldnt go up to add modern weapons I would stop at musket)

Love the ideas about different bolt types, was definitly something i was planning on. I would love to shoot someone and have them freeze up and fall off a cliff lol.

Scripts18! .xml file, fantastic I will need to go grab that. hopefully it will get me back on track. I will send you a pm with my steamid, anything to help a fellow Maya user. Also, I'm not totally against the idea of a musket, I would love to figure out a way to fit it into the lore. Perhaps some kind of magicka powder flint lock. Who knows, deffently something we should work on.

Awesome ideas guys would love to hear more :)

Okay.

This needs a bump. I WANT Crossbows in Skyrim.

So.. making my post NOT useless...

The Crossbow should have a longer reload time than the Bow, but it should stagger the enemy (when hit) 100% of the time. Although you shouldnt be able to run (or move really slowly), when reloading.

I suppose you need some animations too, like the reload animation, the shoot and zoom animation and so on. You should look around for someone who can do this (or do it by yourself).

Would DL it, and many of my friends too (like 12 asked, why there is no crossbow.., so GO ON MAN!)

The model and texture look great. Is it static or morphing (as in the bow changing shape as it fires the bolt)? The morphing bit seems to be the main obstacle for making new bows for the game. With the shorter bow on the crossbow, non-morphing is probably less of an issue, though. It won't be as noticeable.

Loading animations with foot in stirrup and all, would be simply amazing (but a lot of work). I'm looking forward to seeing this in Skyrim.