Crossbow Mod

amnsonn

I love the idea of this mod but have one thing I would like to add. Perhaps you could make a smaller one handed crossbow. Possibilities of this would be having them make less noise when fired and perhaps not blow your cover if you are sneaking. Also the potential of maybe duel wielding or using a sword with it as well (Although then if you were to do that you would possibly need to make the mod so that it doesn't auto reload that way you would be able to stab any remaining enemy without having to wait for the reload time.) or even with a shield. These are just some Ideas that I have come up with from using the flintlock pistol mod. (In case it wasn't implied by saying that it would be smaller, the bolts would also do less damage.)

Whether you read this or not, or even think these are good ideas, I can't wait for this mod. It is something I have been looking for for a while.

Demon1cShadow

Love the model and the textures, it's lore-friendly. I would love to see this mod become reality, but I can't help you with that. I noticed that there is a crossbow mod "survivalist crossbow" on Fallout NV, and I was wondering if we could use the animations of this mod as it is based on the same animation engine Havok (I think, don't shoot me if I'm wrong :tongue: ). For importing i think you can ask the fella who made the Dwemer Rifle mod, because a gun in my opinion resembles a crossbow. The most difficult part is to write a script for adding the crossbow bolts to the skyrim engine (unless someone has figured out how to add a ammo system to Dwemer Rifle).

Edit : Did you download the maya plugin for skyrim importing/exporting. It's only available for the latest version (maya 2012). You can find it here : http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3303

Edited by bruce142

• 3 weeks later...
The creator of AEOR - Arrow and Explosive Ordnance Repository mod has a Striker Mini-crossbow and Stinger Mini-crossbow build in his mod but he hasn't any model with textures yet. I don't if this mod is legit but the creator has made some other mods (mostly retextures, such as the tom349 fist retexture) as well (so we know the creator is at least real). So he ask if anyone has a model laying around. This is where you come in, if your model and textures where to be combined with his scripting, we finally could have a crossbow mod. It would be cool if you could donate (in exchange of a mentioning in the mod's credits ofcourse) the crossbow model to him and he could do the importing (but someone else has to do the scripting part). I'm only suggesting, you could contact Palderon and ask if he could do something with your model.

• 2 months later...

Lol, I'm new to the nexus:3

I love the idea of two one handed crossbows,

Ex:Dagger and a crossbow.

This mod could have some potential if an animation was inserted.. and maybe one handed crossbows could be loaded automatically, like a revolver

• 4 weeks later...

Wanna start a new game in Skyrim, with all the best mods available so far. There is some really good stuff here already, but i am not gonna start without a crossbow mod.

I would like to be able to have an two-handed crossbow, because it would be more accurate than the one-handed, and it would definitely do more damage.

The 100% stagger chance when you hit someone with it is a good idea as well, just like the idea that you can't or barely move while reloading it.

Sneaking should be possible with a crossbow, but i would add that you might be detected if you fire at close range. Staying hidden while firing from long range shouldn't be a problem.

Maybe add a 25% chance that a well placed bolt breaks a low level shield? That would require an extra animation for shields, so it wouldn't be the easyest thing.

I wouldn't know how to make such a mod myself, so kudos for starting it.

Cheers

Well, what with Dawnguard coming up, this is somewhat redundant...maybe it could be released as a retex or standalone version or something

Or it would just be a mod adding a different variant using the animations etc. from dawngaurd.

This sounds like the best idea. Dawnguard as far as I know only has a Steel and Dwarven crossbows and this model looks like it would make a good mod adding an Iron crossbow.