• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

rabidNode

rabidNode

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts
Is there a MAX amount of MODs before insane crashes take place?

BeyondTom

BeyondTom

• Premium Member
  • 1,453 posts
One mod before the crashes start happening :laugh: . I don't think there is a true limit that is realistic. I was running probably somewhere between 50-70 oblivion mods (using an .esp) at one point with a stable game so you could probably go over 100 fine. Just expect longer load times.

GoodfellowGoodspring

GoodfellowGoodspring

Howdy Hai!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts
Bethesda have already stated that the maximum mods possible in Skyrim was 7 ;)

luthienanarion

luthienanarion

Substitute Stunt-Double

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
Theoretically, it's 255 plugins. This is not the case for New Vegas somehow, so the jury is out until someone tries running that many.

demonzdamien

demonzdamien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
i'm running my skyrim with 216 mod and thank god nothing bad happened.. :biggrin: :biggrin:

rabidNode

rabidNode

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts
cool I am far from 200 so sounds promising

nosisab

nosisab

The old faithful

• Premium Member
  • 3,071 posts
Indeed, 256 is the absolute maximum of concurrent ESPs and ESMs (255 + Skyrim.esm, of course). That's due to the byte value prefixing the mod (0-255 or more precisely 00-FF hex). Still, this limit is a tad smaller in practice. I don't know how Skyrim deals with that amount but for previous games the engine was aware even of non active mods inside the /data and even of ESPs hidden in the whole game folder structure (even those having the extension changed, like xyz.esp.old, mind you), what contributed to make the value smaller and helped getting instability.

Anyway, even this amount of mods is somewhat harming to load time figures and memory usage, reason for that specific and hard to define possible instability some have reported before.

Edited by nosisab, 10 February 2012 - 06:20 PM.

MrBub8l3s

MrBub8l3s

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Just outa curiosity... how good, like the minimum system requirements, does ur computer have to be to run around 200 mods?

Edited by MrBub8l3s, 29 April 2012 - 05:48 AM.

Page loaded in: 0.983 seconds