• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

sammyboy1591

sammyboy1591

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I was using the skyrim nexus mod manager like i hope everyone else is and then i click run and it doesn't work. i went back and saw that the update.esm and skyrim.esm data file were missing. the game won't run now. if someone could please go to steam/steamapps/common/data and find the skyrim.esm and pls post it. it would be amazing if someone could do that.

BeyondTom

BeyondTom

• Premium Member
  • 1,453 posts
Just go to steam and click check file integrity.

micalov

micalov

Weird mic-Al-ov

• Staff
  • 4,914 posts
They cannot post the Skyrim.esm because it would basically be piracy, but steam can fix the problem for you. Go to your steam library and right click your Skyrim Icon, then select properties, local files, verify local cache and it will scan for missing files and download them.

sammyboy1591

sammyboy1591

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i did what you said and there wasnt anything that said verify local cache but ther was something that was called verify integrity of game cache but it wont work if you have any other ways it would be great if not, does the skyrim.esm have all the game data on it cause if so i could just uninstall and reinstall. reply would be helpful.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Sepherose

Sepherose

*insert amusing original photo below this quote*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

i did what you said and there wasnt anything that said verify local cache but ther was something that was called verify integrity of game cache but it wont work if you have any other ways it would be great if not, does the skyrim.esm have all the game data on it cause if so i could just uninstall and reinstall. reply would be helpful.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Umm... if you are missing the ESM, when you verify the game cache it should have re-downloaded it when you verified through Steam. It could be that you have it but a bug is preventing NMM from detecting it.

BlackRampage

BlackRampage

Boethiah's Faithful

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,755 posts
In what folder did you install NMM?

sammyboy1591

sammyboy1591

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
program files

Dburwebby

Dburwebby

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
I'm having the same problem. Actually I had to do a system restore because my task manager would freeze up my computer when I'd end task some stuff in the background. The game was working fine before that, but after the system restore it doesn't seem to work now. The launcher will open, I'll click play and it looks like it's starting the game, the window pops up and then closes right away. So I checked data files and Skyrim.esm is missing but I do have it in my installation folder. I did do the whole check file integrity cache thing whatever in steam too, but nothing fixed it.

JahariAluvis

JahariAluvis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I'm having the same problem. Actually I had to do a system restore because my task manager would freeze up my computer when I'd end task some stuff in the background. The game was working fine before that, but after the system restore it doesn't seem to work now. The launcher will open, I'll click play and it looks like it's starting the game, the window pops up and then closes right away. So I checked data files and Skyrim.esm is missing but I do have it in my installation folder. I did do the whole check file integrity cache thing whatever in steam too, but nothing fixed it.

Same here. I've had this exact problem since yesterday.

Steam says "3 files failed to validate and will be re-acquired."

Update: After installing the newest version of Nexus Mod Manager (I was using Tes Mod Manager before), Skyrim started up without crashing.

Update2: Having random crashes (after resting and as I leave town).

Edited by JahariAluvis, 07 March 2012 - 08:56 PM.

sammyboy1591

sammyboy1591

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i broke my hand and im in a cast but just checked up on my skyrim and it worked! my nnm also works and sske works! I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED BUT IM HAPPY! ANYONE WHO IS HAVING MY PROBLEM I HAVE A SOLUTION.

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR AN UPDATE!

or go to library , right click on the skyrim icon. click on properties. on properties go to local files and click on verify integrity of game cache.

THANK YOU ALL! SKYRIM FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page loaded in: 1.504 seconds