Photo

missing skyrim.esm file

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

BeyondTom

BeyondTom

• Premium Member
  • 1,453 posts
That is what I said to do back on February 10th (I was the first to post in your topic). You would have been playing over a month earlier if you just would have read my post :laugh: (you had said that it doesn't work). Congratulations on getting your game working though, and sorry to hear about your hand.

Dragonbornonguitar

Dragonbornonguitar

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Where is the steam folder? iam having the same problem...

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Staff
  • 18,421 posts
Your steam folder is where you installed steam. You do have steam installed don't you? If not - well, I think we just found your problem. :rolleyes:

We do not support pirates or piracy here. If you choose to not support the game makers by stealing their work, please go elsewhere to beg for help. Many pirated versions just don't work well with mods. And we are not going to make changes in NMM to accommodate pirates.

Combatwombat250

Combatwombat250

Stranger

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I dont have skyrim on steam...... how do i get nexus mod manager to pick up skyrim.esm?

:facepalm: The previous post said we don't support pirates. Skyrim is a steam exclusive - if you don't know what exclusive means, look it up. As steam is the ONLY legal version, and, the DVD version still requires steam to work so you can't get away with that excuse.
Banned for piracy.
Bben46

franchis014

franchis014

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

i broke my hand and im in a cast but just checked up on my skyrim and it worked! my nnm also works and sske works! I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED BUT IM HAPPY! ANYONE WHO IS HAVING MY PROBLEM I HAVE A SOLUTION.

click on properties. on properties go to local files and click on verify integrity of game cache............ ive done that it said that there were 20 files missing and they were re-aquired but when i click a mod on nexus mod manager it says skyrim.esm cannot be found! the mod was not installed

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR AN UPDATE!

or go to library , right click on the skyrim icon. click on properties. on properties go to local files and click on verify integrity of game cache.

THANK YOU ALL! SKYRIM FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

franchis014

franchis014

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Where is the steam folder? iam having the same problem...

in mi pc/C: or D:/archivos de programa/steam

hacksaw126

hacksaw126

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

my skyrim wont load what so ever should I delete everything and reinstall it ( delete all of my files that includes skyrim data) ???

please reply thanks :yucky:

nullunkonwn

nullunkonwn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hmm... very weird... I am having same problem. I do have my "Skyrim.esm" and "Update.esm" in Steam -> steamapp -> Skyrim -> Data folder but somehow they do not show up on the "Data File" option but they do show up on NMM.

Just before I got into this problem, I accidentally opened Creation Kit and Skyrim (using SKSE loader) at same time so this may caused problem???

I tried "verify caches" method as many suggest and Steam said "1 file failed to validate and will be re-acquired" but no lack.

...and of course I have Steam on my PC and I legally purchased Skyrim and all other DLCs (Dawnguard to Dragonborn) from Steam unlike the guy who got banned. 

Well I guess I have wait and see...  :ermm:

Dweedle

Dweedle

Old hand

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

I dont have skyrim on steam...... how do i get nexus mod manager to pick up skyrim.esm?

:facepalm: The previous post said we don't support pirates. Skyrim is a steam exclusive - if you don't know what exclusive means, look it up. As steam is the ONLY legal version, and, the DVD version still requires steam to work so you can't get away with that excuse.
Banned for piracy.
Bben46

Aw man I think I need to change my undies.

Aw man, I just realised right after posting this that the previous poster performed thread necromancy. -_-

Edited by Dweedle, 09 March 2013 - 11:08 AM.

nullunkonwn

nullunkonwn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Banned for piracy.
Bben46

Aw man I think I need to change my undies.

Aw man, I just realised right after posting this that the previous poster performed thread necromancy. -_-

I know LOL. Some people are stupid enough to ask question like that on Nexus Forums and right after moderator said "No piracy"  :biggrin:

Page loaded in: 1.185 seconds