[WIP] Volkihar Vampire Mod

Kyuukei

EDIT: Finally got detailed mechanics into the first post, yay. Edited by Kyuukei

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you given any thought of revamping the way weapons affect vampires, such as normal weapons deal less damage but silver and holy weapons have a damage buff, or even give arrows a chance to insta-kill a vampire

Silver weapons are innately more effective against Undead, and I can't think of any designated 'holy' types off the top of my head except, say, Dawnbreaker, which enemies can't use anyway (not to mention it already has an anti-Undead effect). Did you have anything specific in mind?

That aside, an arrow instakill sounds like way too hefty a drawback to me, whether applied to the player or an NPC. We've decided there's no real reason to add Normal Weapon damage reduction, since the other sources of damage reduction pretty much cover anything that would do anyway.

Edited by Kyuukei

As mentioned in the first post, we have those planned in future supplementary material. Assume they'd be Spellsword Conjurers; equipment will be stuff to the effect of frost-resistant accessories, light armour, Silver weapons, and some high-level fire scrolls. Spell lists will favour Fire and they'll pop out a Flame Atronach whenever possible in close combat

Ideally, should we get some radiant conflicts set up, they'll try to be stealthy and attack the more individually-powerful Volkihar in groups of three or so, starting off Invisible from afar and using Silver bows or something, switching to more conventional Spellsword tactics after the Vampire closes in.

Edited by Kyuukei

100% Resistance to disease and poison were vanilla traits, and are naturally things that shouldn't affect Vampires. Disease immunity is quite fine, given that regular sickness should not affect an undead being's biology, and these passive traits are part of the tradeoff for having to feed regularly. While poison resistance is quite helpful, I can't consider that broken - just a rather nice defensive trait.

As for the added-on Paralysis resistance, that's really more of a thematic thing - I've personally not been paralyzed once in my level 36ish vanilla playthrough of yet.

Edited by Kyuukei

Hey all, we're working on adding custom powers for vampires, and are running into an issue where custom Magic Effects defined in the Creation Kit aren't selectable when adding effects to spells and powers. Either we're doing something wrong, or there's a bug in the creation kit, does anyone have any insights? Thanks!

it couldbe the casting type that you have it listed under, try changing it to fire and forget Edited by pwnedbyscope