[WIP] Volkihar Vampire Mod

Kyuukei

I've added a basic description of the weapon you'll get on hitting Master level, and also tossed on some Level 5 versions of vanilla abilities, since that was literally the only thing that had no form of cumulative progression on Master level before.

In addition, Blood Euphoria will now restore 1 Charge for each applicable ability, up to your maximum cap for a given power. We've analyzed this carefully, and feel it is perfectly fine given that feeding tends to be done completely independent of combat sessions. Note that Blood Euphoria neither stacks nor overwrites itself, so you can't simply feed repeatedly to easily restore charges.

Side note: should have my gaming rig up and running by the end of the month, yay.

Edited by Kyuukei

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told to post here for convenience, but I may be able to help you out with shaders as I learned a bit about them while working on this:

Dragon Auras

Also, I may be able to help with textures, and there are more examples of my textures if you look at my NV nexus, FO3 nexus, and TES nexus profiles.

Swing me a PM.

Hey all, with Sepherose's help, we've started work on texturing the Vérdéran Weapons high-level vampires can make use of. (Basically these are manifestations of the inner cold and hunger of Volkihar, given the form of a weapon based on the player's chosen combat style, with unique abilities that function similarly to summoned weapons).

This is in early development right now, once we have a bit more refined, we'll update this thread with some screenshots of awesome frost weapons.

We decided that was unbalanced. What we will likely have is a portal to Windhelm. Easy access to food, but you still gotta earn it first.

Chances are, in the time between stages you will be developing your character normally, so it isn't just a matter of sitting there and waiting a lot.

Level is independent of how Vampire growth should work; it's simply indicative of your time spent learning and mastering various skills, not your body slowly adjusting to its new condition. That aside, to get beyond, say, the mid-50s in Skyrim generally involves branching out to a lot more skill specialties than getting to the softcap of 50 does; I feel it is unreasonable to force players to level up skills they might not have bothered with before simply to advance age levels, and we can't really set it to cap at 50 because you can actually get up to that really fast if you push yourself.

So, yeah, a time-based progression like this one feels like the best way to balance things out.

Edited by Kyuukei

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, status update -- we're continuing work on scripting, and due to some issues with the vampire script already in Skyrim, have started writing our own version from scratch. Right now, this is mostly bugfixing and replicating existing functionality, but we should be able to get back to adding new things soon.

Modeling work is currently on hold until compile scripts for Blender are released.