My plugins are invisible!

yigaltheking

Computer > C > Program Files > The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Cracked, 1.4

Go back to where you got the crack and ask for help, you will get no support here for a cracked version.

Cracked, 1.4

Go back to where you got the crack and ask for help, you will get no support here for a cracked version.

Erm... this has nothing to do with the game itself. Can nobody read here? I'm trying to locate a file which is acting as if it's set to ''hidden'', a file which was created with the Skyrim CREATION KIT. My game version is completely unrelated to the problem.

I could completely remove Skyrim from my system and the same thing would happen. What then? Still going to refuse to help me? Pathetic.

Your trollish attitude has now earned you a ban.

Goodbye

-DrGrimm

Edited by DrGrimm

i had the same exact problem yesterday,

i installed the ck, and tried to do some mods whit it BUT!

the folder of skyrim had some issues, i couldn't remove the "read only" thingy

the strange thing, i was even able to "save" the esp and load it from the folder, so the file was actually SOMEWHERE

i solved it by clicking on the (in italian is "file compatibilità") umm in the bar in the explorer:

go into your tesvskyrim/data folder, look up in the explorer, there is a button that shows the files that the system have hide from you into another folder (shoul be between "new folder" and "share with") , copy the esp and paste it into the data folder

i had a headache yesterday...this crap makes me feel sick

ah btw sorry for my english

Edited by KingOfNipples

Cracked, 1.4

Erm... this has nothing to do with the game itself. Can nobody read here? I'm trying to locate a file which is acting as if it's set to ''hidden'', a file which was created with the Skyrim CREATION KIT. My game version is completely unrelated to the problem.

I could completely remove Skyrim from my system and the same thing would happen. What then? Still going to refuse to help me? Pathetic.

Your trollish attitude has now earned you a ban.

Goodbye

-DrGrimm

Hey man, I just saw your E-Mail asking for my help, the reason I didn't check back here was because I already solved it, the same way you did.

I got Windows Vista, and the issue was starting the CK as Admin.

Sorry for the late response, and hope it helps anyone else having the same issue, although it seems he responded faster than I did :)

• 5 months later...

It worked for me! So damn simple! In English the option must be "file compatibility", I think.

Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

i had the same exact problem yesterday,

i installed the ck, and tried to do some mods whit it BUT!

the folder of skyrim had some issues, i couldn't remove the "read only" thingy

the strange thing, i was even able to "save" the esp and load it from the folder, so the file was actually SOMEWHERE

i solved it by clicking on the (in italian is "file compatibilità") umm in the bar in the explorer:

go into your tesvskyrim/data folder, look up in the explorer, there is a button that shows the files that the system have hide from you into another folder (shoul be between "new folder" and "share with") , copy the esp and paste it into the data folder

i had a headache yesterday...this crap makes me feel sick

ah btw sorry for my english

I'm sorry, but this isn't helpful in the slightest. I have the exact same problem here and you've given a response to a question which wasn't asked. How does one activate a mod when the mod is NOT accessible?

First off, I recommend you grab NMM for plugin activation as the Data Files section of the launcher may or may not cause issues.

Secondly, this should cover your issue:

If plugins won't stay activated, or simply fail to work after activating them, first make sure the plugins.txt (and DLClist.txt) files, under the \Skyrim\ folder located at C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name)\Local Settings\Application Data\ on XP or C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Local\ on Vista/7 are writable by opening their properties and unchecking the tick mark box for "read only". Then go back into NMM and reactivate them. If they still won't work you may have a UAC issue. Some people have issues where the mod will properly appear in plugins.txt after activating it through NMM but then as soon as they launch Skyrim, it disappears again. I've yet to find the cause for this as I don't experience it, but making plugins.txt read only again after activating plugins via NMM will prevent Skyrim from removing them and they should work. Unfortunately, you'll have to make it writable, activate plugin(s), then make it read only again every time you add another plugin in the future.

Again, THERE IS NO FILE TO ACTIVATE.

First off, I recommend you grab NMM for plugin activation as the Data Files section of the launcher may or may not cause issues.

Thanks for the help. I had the issue of needing to change my plugins file to read only, now it works :)

Don't know what that banned guy was raging about, lol.

Edited by MrMusAddict

He was raging because it wasn't working for His cracked version of Skyrim, that and an inability to read the whole thing posted by MShoap13

That was pretty much His problem right there, well that and the use of Skyrim 1.4 with newer versions of plugins.

Was actually suprised Buddahh didnt gave Him a straight ban after mentioning the cracked version, but DrGrimm fixed that pretty quickly.

Edited by dandiersphinx

• 1 year later...