Trouble with Creatating Custom and New Races

rocker409

Ok, for a day now i have been trying to create my own custom races; one of them is for a vampire mod which would rely on this to work.

When i alter a existing race it's fine but when i do one from scratch or even work of a duplicate it won't work.

1st. When i make a duplicate then immediately click the full read window i get this error:

FACEGEN: Could not find and apply race morph "woodElfRaceCOPY0000" in TRI file "Acotrs\Character\Character Assets\MaleHeadRaces.tri" for geometry Male Head IMF.

2ond: When i hit "Yes to all" it will only show the face but no body or anything.

3rd: even when i choose to make one from scratch and select the same files that work for the other races in the Body Data tab it still won't generate anything.

Lastly: I have been able to find all of the files i see used in the Body Data EXCEPT 1..... it is the Body Texture file ending with the file exstention .EGT I have search through all my BSA's and resources but can't find that file type.

I know it is possible to make a custom race, cause i have heard of people putting tails on orcs and shtuff, but nothing i do works. I have searched around on the internet but most things just tell you how to make a NPC, not a custom race.

Could anyone tell me what i am doing wrong and/ if this is just Bethesda being them?

@ fore I did all that now have you found out hot to assign new meshes and textures to the new race it is not the same as with the CS (oblivion) or the GECK (Fallout). I'm not trying to make a PC race but a NPC race.

Sorry I can't help. I just needed a race to circumvent some animation shortcomings, and I could solve that.

Have you checked the CK wiki link from my last post. If this doesn't help, I just hope that this is not one more restiction we got because of these "unchangeable" behavior files.

You need This to covert your mesh between obj and tri.

FileConvert

and this file to add your morphed mesh tri into morph list.

Addanimatemorph

Tutorial

My link

I'm doing similar stuff,,You must be careful doing this,,for mesh you trasfered into obj,it's vertex index may be changed.

And this tool weld vertex with it's own rule,the most safe way is convert obj into tri, then convert back into obj again,then use this returned file to rig and morph.

2nd,,you must put your morph target at the origin of the coordinate ,,[0,0,0] or it won't work.

However I added new race morph into the list succesfully,it's still showing error in the C/K.I don't know the reason.

But the facial expressions are okay,like Aah,BigAah,,BlinkLeft,,etc,,

Maybe Beth locked race option in it's excutable scropt..

My current trouble is the skeleton,,I can't use vanilla's skeleton to rig my mesh,,Need help with this.

Scale bones in Nifskope don't work well,,It caused lots of trouble like twisted arm,hair or CTD.

We really need a way to modify the vanilla's skeleton.