Samurai Equipment

WeaponTheyFear7

I have meshes and textures from other mods for weapons and armor that i got permission for. But i want to make armor pieces like sakkat hats and even a sashimono (clan flag). Armor and weapons so far are taken care of. I even have a guy right now working on arrows and a quiver from the sengoku periods. Dont think this is gonna be some amature mod with items taken from the game with different names.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are in luck. I am currently working on a full samurai mod. With player home, weapons, armor, companions, and a village all inspired by japanese sengoku era. I do however need a bit of help, if anyone knowa how to make meshes and textures. I would like your help. You of course would get full credit for your contribution. If anyone is interested in helping. Please message me for details.

So far i have weapons and player home complete. Just a few details to make the player home really say japan. I included shamisen music that will melt your soul. If anyone else is as passionate as i am about samurai and bringing them to skyrim in full force. Please help me. Thank you all.

Excellent! That is great news!

I'm sorry that i can't help you with the project. I can only request things! :whistling:

I've tried the editor for skyrim, probably a few min how it works, but thats all. So i can't be much of a help here!

So i hope you will have the success to finish this "Samurai mod"

I say, good luck for the project and keep us updated! And please don't make this project die! I think this will come out as an good samurai mod than every other mod out there!

I'm finally getting around to releasing my selection of Samurai weapons later today...I put it off because of some personal issues that were going on here.

Included so far and their equivalents based on their Skyrim attack animations:

Two handed Katana - greatsword

Katana - sword

Wakazashi - sword

Tanto - dagger

Kanobo - war hammer

Ararebo - mace

Yari - battle axe

Short Yari - war axe

Sorry about the really bad picture but I was up all night working on this because I couldn't sleep.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z215/Jennifur68/SamuraiWeapons.jpg

Edited by Jennifur68

Niiiiice - love the kanabo (slight misspelling there but I'm not going to argue with people carrying a massive spiky club)

Ooops...yeah I totally blew that huh. Thats what I get for trying to do Japanese names from memory after being up all night...but I just checked and it is named properly in Skyrim thankfully. I was dreading dragging the .esp though the Creation Kit yet again just to fix a misspelled name. Now if I can just figure out how to edit the Skyrim bone lengths in 3DS Max I'll try a Yumi bow but so far all my attempts to modify the bones has failed miserably. My Frankenstein experiment of simply editing bone scale in NifSkope simply resulted in a bow that was about 10 feet tall...it worked but it looked like something a giant would use.