Skyrim stopped working SKSE Loader

tomster220

I would load skyrim normally through skse and all my mods would work perfectly, but then all of a sudden I think on Feb. 10 or earlier steam sneaked in a update for skyrim. When I started skyrim up again through SKSE it instead took me to the skyrim launcher, and readjusted my graphics settings. I closed out and started up SKSE loader, this time the black box in the top left corner just sits there and then "Skyrim has stopped working" comes up. My friend told me it was my mods clashing with each other, so I decided to turn off all my mods and it works perfectly, so I decided to turn them on one by one, some works and others didn't. But then it was kind of odd, I turned all of them on and they suddenly loaded. But I found out my skyrim will start if I load it a 4th time, the other times will have Skyrim has stopped working. Was wondering if anyone has a solution to my problem.

Thank you.

Also there are times it loads, then just completely close out on the menu.

Edited by tomster220

SKSE should not ever bring up the main launcher window.

Is Steam running in the background before you start Skyrim via SKSE? If not, that could be your problem.

Did you update SKSE to the newest compatible version? SKSE is version specific and is only meant to work with the version it's intended for.

I figured out a way around this problem. After you set up your quick launch for SKSE on your desktop. If your launching of it brings up your Skyrim launch pane and resets your video quality. You Skyrim file is corrupted, probably by Steam. Just reset your video settings to what you prefer then exit from the game. Open your Steam library, right click on Skyrim at the left column, select properties. On the update files tab, select Verify files , or something to that effect. It will go through the Skyrim file giving a progress bar of completion. Once its done SKSE will work fine for the rest of the day, If you do a full shut-down on your PC, you will have to do thiis again next time try SKSE. To avoid this problem, use the Sleep or Hibernate feature on your machine and it will keep everything as is and SKSE will continue to work normally.

Hope this helps,

Dicius