"File does not exist" error -- Fixed?

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 16,847 posts
We believe we have fixed the "File does not exist" error in NMM and would appreciate feedback from this point on. Please don't tell me if you experienced the problem before a couple of hours ago. Let me know if you experience again.

Important information to provide:

- What file were you downloading?
- Did it provide a URL in the "overall message" column?

thunderclam

thunderclam

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
I had this problem consistently (past the point of "keep trying, it'll work") about 15 minutes ago with Back Shields.

Also, 80% of the mods in my NMM queue seem to be set to "Latest Verson 1" and clicking the links leads to a "test" or "mod hidden" page. Some mods have jumped several generations ahead in version number and clicking their links leads to Nexus's BOSS page as well as other random mods. Screenshot attached:

Edited by thunderclam, 15 February 2012 - 08:03 PM.

erwinf

erwinf

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 30 posts

I had this problem consistently (past the point of "keep trying, it'll work") about 15 minutes ago with Back Shields.

Also, 80% of the mods in my NMM queue seem to be set to "Latest Verson 1" and clicking the links leads to a "test" or "mod hidden" page. Some mods have jumped several generations ahead in version number and clicking their links leads to Nexus's BOSS page as well as other random mods. Screenshot attached:

Same problem with latest version here. Before 19:00 CET the latest version seems al right, now (21:00 CET) a lot of files link to http://skyrim.nexusm.../file.php?id=1. One example is All_in_one_Spellfixes-7823-1-2. If I go manually to http://skyrim.nexusm...ile.php?id=7823 I see it is still version 1.2

Edit: Solved after a restart of NMM. Still working after a second restart. I closed NMM between 19:00 and 21:00 CET so the error at 21:00 was not a relic of 19:00.

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 16,847 posts
I haven't been able to replicate the version number issue but please keep this to JUST the download issues. I'm looking for feedback on the "File does not exist" error.

If you get one from now on, screenshot it and attach it to a post here.

Anything else, put it in another thread.

Thanks.

thunderclam

thunderclam

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
The error persists. I tried dling V4 of Kilmove Plus...

horrorview

horrorview

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts
I'm getting the File Does Not Exist error with my Sexy Whiterun, Sexy Villages, etc mods. Someone brought it to my attention today in one of the mod's discussion threads. The files are up there as I can download them manually, and I did test them with the NMM when I launched them initially, but, for some reason or another, they're not working now :(

Screenshot attached

Attached Files

Edited by horrorview, 15 February 2012 - 09:31 PM.

Entw1ne

Entw1ne

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts
Update: Everything seems to be working perfectly, haven't had a single error on any file. Thanks go out to you and your team.

Edited by darksummit, 15 February 2012 - 09:50 PM.

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 16,847 posts
Thanks for the screenshots.

The error persists. I tried dling V4 of Kilmove Plus...

Can you try again? Looks like that was quite a new file and it takes our system's a little while to propagate while we're still in beta. So a 1 or 2 hour delay from a new upload to working in NMM needs to be allowed.

I'm getting the File Does Not Exist error with my Sexy Whiterun, Sexy Villages, etc mods. Someone brought it to my attention today in one of the mod's discussion threads. The files are up there as I can download them manually, and I did test them with the NMM when I launched them initially, but, for some reason or another, they're not working now

I cannot replicate this one. The download from the screenshot you provided works fine for me. Is it still happening even now?

ancientRED

ancientRED

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
I'm still getting a mess of 'File does not exist' errors. Sometimes downloading will work after a few tries, other times I'll have to wait up to 30 minutes before it'll download.
Here are the files I'm having trouble with at the time of writing.
Enchanting Freedom. Balanced Magic. All in 1 Spell Fixes, Temple Plate Armor, Karliah Armor, The Paarthurnax Fix, and Educated Horses.

Attached Files

Entw1ne

Entw1ne

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts
Receiving the error again - Small file - Eventually worked on the fourth try.

File: Improved Container Names - http://skyrim.nexusm...ile.php?id=9871

Attached File  NMM-FileError.jpg   120.94KB   69 downloads

Edit: Seems to be running smoothly now.. I'll update again later.

Edited by darksummit, 16 February 2012 - 03:59 AM.

Page loaded in: 1.098 seconds