• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

Hyetal

Hyetal

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
It's on and off, like the others are reporting. I had a 10 minute period 20 minutes ago where I couldn't download any mod through NMM. Same error as above. But it's fine now.

So there's that.

Edited by Hyetal, 16 February 2012 - 01:06 PM.

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 16,305 posts
Ok, looks like we fixed one of the problems (which was an actual "file does not exist" error with one of the file servers) but have another, different problem.

I have a feeling this is because the database server called by NMM is being overloaded so when you get this "file does not exist" error, it actually just meant the database couldn't be queried at all. I've changed a few settings now, so please let me know if this still happens from NOW onwards.

Thanks for all the feedback so far!

Entw1ne

Entw1ne

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts
So far it's been working fine for me today - the times I've tried. I'll try to give an update again this evening.

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 16,305 posts
I tweaked a few things about 4 or 5 hours ago and since then the server NMM uses has been a lot more stable. I'd be interested to here if people are getting this, and if they are, if it's happening as much as before, or just rarely?

Entw1ne

Entw1ne

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts
-Still running smooth for me.

Edited by darksummit, 17 February 2012 - 05:21 AM.

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 16,305 posts
Yes, new files need about 1 - 2 hours to propagate properly in the system.

Lunytic

Lunytic

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
1 file downloading at 125k/s but then received the file not found error for another file (Approx 7:05 Pacific US time... maybe 1am GMT? I think it's -8)

http://skyrim.nexusm.../file.php?id=85 <-- file that failed (main file, not optional files - last uploaded 2011-12-15)

This file is the file that was successfully downloading at ~125k/s at the same time - http://skyrim.nexusm...ile.php?id=8655 Additionally, I had downloaded several mods earlier in the day successfully.

File successfully downloaded at ~7:12 Pacific time. I've noticed in the past that the likelihood of an error increases if I don't wait until a mod has established itself and has successfully begun downloading. Almost like the problem might be an issue with que-ing. For Example, if I were to click on Main File A with download with manager and the shortly click on Optional File A for Main File A, before the Main File A actually showed any download progress, the chance of receiving the "File Not Found" error seems to be signficantly closer to 100% for the optional file and there is a higher chance the original file may also receive the File Not Found error.

However that's from previous observations. Tonight I received the error with one other download already at ~33% I think and did not try to download any other files immediately afterward.

Entw1ne

Entw1ne

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts
Edit: Everything was going smooth but had a small hiccup just now.

File: STEP - http://skyrim.nexusm.../file.php?id=11

Attached File  NMMError2.jpg   109.98KB   35 downloads

No issues since then, though.

Edited by darksummit, 18 February 2012 - 11:33 AM.

Alpr

Alpr

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Encountering File does not Exist right this second when trying to download a few mods from This video, namely killmove + and the tribal might armor. It DOES put a link in overall message but I've tried at least 5 times and all of them are errors.

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 16,305 posts
This looks to be an issue with some work on the site code that's been done today, rather than with NMM or the servers. Investigating.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.905 seconds