• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Faithful poster

• Staff
  • 1,382 posts
For the hundredth time:

"This happens when the Nexus mod/files DB is down for synching/updating, NMM can't do anything about it, just wait for the DB to come back up, it usually takes 1 to 15 minutes)

MercyKilling

MercyKilling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I am still getting the file does not exist error, even after exiting and restarting NMM several times over the last 24 hours. Update has been applied, and the error persists, over a period of the last three hours.

Current attempts have been from the "highest rated files of all time" list. SkyUI, SkyrimHD 2K Textures, SMIM, the entire "Sounds of Skyrim" series, Lush Grass, BOSS and SkyBoost.

I'd give a screenshot, if I knew how to take one of the NMM screen and post it. :(

tpulls28

tpulls28

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Same problem as above. Tried to download several mods, all of which resulted with file does not exist error before today's NMM update. Then I updated and restarted, hoping that would fix it, but it did not. Still trying to download several mods -Dance of Death, SkyUI, Convenient Horses, Enhanced Blood Textures, and others - although I've tried out several more to see if it's just a terrible coincidence and none of them even begin downloading. So I haven't been able to download anything through NMM for a few hours, but I can still download manually perfectly fine. Also, I noticed another probably related problem: before today's NMM update, all the mod update info was correct (only a couple had updates to download, and links and update downloads worked flawlessly), but when the file does not exist problem started, now only half of my previously installed mods even have update info (the rest say <no data>) and even some of the "updatable" ones have completely irrelevant links to totally different mods. Hopefully this is only temporary, but thanks in advance for the help.

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Faithful poster

• Staff
  • 1,382 posts
http://forums.nexusm...requent-issues/

mawcs

mawcs

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 1 posts

Same problem as above. Tried to download several mods, all of which resulted with file does not exist error before today's NMM update. Then I updated and restarted, hoping that would fix it, but it did not. Still trying to download several mods -Dance of Death, SkyUI, Convenient Horses, Enhanced Blood Textures, and others - although I've tried out several more to see if it's just a terrible coincidence and none of them even begin downloading. So I haven't been able to download anything through NMM for a few hours, but I can still download manually perfectly fine. Also, I noticed another probably related problem: before today's NMM update, all the mod update info was correct (only a couple had updates to download, and links and update downloads worked flawlessly), but when the file does not exist problem started, now only half of my previously installed mods even have update info (the rest say <no data>) and even some of the "updatable" ones have completely irrelevant links to totally different mods. Hopefully this is only temporary, but thanks in advance for the help.

I see the exact behavior after my update.

MercyKilling

MercyKilling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Duskdweller, I think we get that sometimes it can't or doesn't get to check the website. However, this problem is -persistant-, as in no matter what time, how often it's restarted, what time of day, etc., NMM just -isn't downloading files anymore-. At least, that's the problem for me.
Can't speak for anyone else. I've tried in the afternoons, several different times. Evenings, ditto. Even after midnight, when traffic is low and the site should be stable and such. I'll say it one more time, just for clarity.

It doesn't matter what time of day I try, the number of times I try, how many times I restart the NMM program.....it simply isn't downloading any files anymore.

As a side note, I can still manually download files just fine, so the files ARE THERE. There's something wonky with NMM.

Warrgrim

Warrgrim

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have tried and tried. But for some reason every time i try to down load a mod with the mod manager it still keeps saying "File does not exist" i dont know what to do and it is not fixed for me. I dont know if it's a problem on my end for if its the mod manager , but down loading with the mod manager has not been working for me no matter what mod i try do down load. In the over all message it sais "File does not exist". In the status section of the download manager it sais "Error" . I have tried multiple mods it doesn't matter what kind of mod it is every time i try to down load it wont work and it will say file doesn't exist. For example this is what happened when i tried to down load "Hair packs of TES IV Oblivion" "File does not exist ://skyrim/mods/18110/files66685". I have also Tried down loading "Selene-Vampire Companion-Kate Beckinsale Tribute" and i doesn't work. Like i said before it just sais in the download manager that the file doesn't exist. Even with the new NMM update downloaded i am still getting the "File Does Not Exist" message. The same thing is happening to me where ican download manualy so i know the files are there but it won't download on NMM

Edited by Warrgrim, 05 July 2012 - 09:21 PM.

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Faithful poster

• Staff
  • 1,382 posts

Duskdweller, I think we get that sometimes it can't or doesn't get to check the website. However, this problem is -persistant-, as in no matter what time, how often it's restarted, what time of day, etc., NMM just -isn't downloading files anymore-. At least, that's the problem for me.
Can't speak for anyone else. I've tried in the afternoons, several different times. Evenings, ditto. Even after midnight, when traffic is low and the site should be stable and such. I'll say it one more time, just for clarity.

It doesn't matter what time of day I try, the number of times I try, how many times I restart the NMM program.....it simply isn't downloading any files anymore.

As a side note, I can still manually download files just fine, so the files ARE THERE. There's something wonky with NMM.

Nothing wonky, if the DB is down, NMM tells the web service "Hey I want to download this mod 37798", the web service tells the DB "where's this mod 37798?", DB is synching then answers "DOH?!", web service gets the "DOH!?" and sends "null" to NMM, NMM gets "null" and tells you "file does not exist".
The website works differently and doesn't rely on that DB to get the files.

Often the operation takes 1 minute, sometimes it takes 5 to 15 minutes, rarely, like now, it takes forever :facepalm: , just be patient please.

Warrgrim

Warrgrim

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I am srry if i sound like a completely thick muppet but, how do you resart NMM?

jeggstar

jeggstar

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i managed to get one mod like an hour ago but now the half dozen or more ive tried have been no file found am a complete newbie to mods so not too sure what to do

Page loaded in: 1.335 seconds