How to fix large yellow exclamation points.

Athek

This is a common problem. One (or more ) of your texture or Mesh files from a mod is not in the right place. Texture files - .dds files belong in the Oblivion\Data\textures folder while Mesh - .nif files belong in the Oblivion\data\meshes folder. Usually these files have been placed in the Oblivion\data folder instead of where they belong. If you find them there, just move them to the proper folder. If you can't find them, post the mod that is causing the problem and I will look it up for you and identify the files and where they go.

• 4 weeks later...
This is a common problem. One (or more ) of your texture or Mesh files from a mod is not in the right place. Texture files - .dds files belong in the Oblivion\Data\textures folder while Mesh - .nif files belong in the Oblivion\data\meshes folder. Usually these files have been placed in the Oblivion\data folder instead of where they belong. If you find them there, just move them to the proper folder. If you can't find them, post the mod that is causing the problem and I will look it up for you and identify the files and where they go.

Hey there,

I am having teh same problems with the giant yellow exclamations with the Lera and Pizz mod, I think I got the files in the wrong place but can't find them. My solution though is to use the Mod Manager to create the mod file for loading from the .zip archive...do you reckon this will resolve the problem in an easier way? My impression was that the omod manager arranged all these files automatically?

Hey there,

I am having teh same problems with the giant yellow exclamations with the Lera and Pizz mod, I think I got the files in the wrong place but can't find them. My solution though is to use the Mod Manager to create the mod file for loading from the .zip archive...do you reckon this will resolve the problem in an easier way? My impression was that the omod manager arranged all these files automatically?

:thanks: With the combination of your suggestion and my idea, I managed to solve the problem of the giant exclamation marks :excl: .

OBMM Install

------------

Create the OMOD (Do this section only once)

1. Copy archive to (install folder)\Oblivion\obmm\omod\ (\omod\ might not be there, that doesn't matter as you can put the .zip or .rar etc. anywhere)

2. Start Oblivion Mod Manager.

3. Click the Create button.

4. Click the Add Archive button, find and select the archive, then click Yes.

5. Click the Create omod button, then click OK when it finishes.

Install the mod using OBMM

1. Start Oblivion Mod Manager.

2. Double-click the name of the mod in the right-hand side of the OBMM screen. (icon should turn blue)

Hey I recently downloaded the midas spells pack and for some reason all the files are in just one folder instead of being in their respective /textures/meshs folders and such and its causing the entire store to be one big yellow mess. Cany anyone help me? I tried putting the folders into an omod and it still messed up

First, find the \data folder where I think all of your files are. If they are in a separate folder such as \data\midas open the \midas folder. you should see a folder called 'textures'. Move that one to the \data\textures folder - WITHOUT OPENING IT. Just hold down the left mouse button on the textures folder that is in the \midas folder and move it to the textures folder that is in the \data folder.

Do the same with the Meshes . find the meshes folder in the \midas folder and move it to the \data\meshes. folder. There should be a sound folder also. move it to \data\sound folder. The midasspells.esp should be in the \data folder. if it is not, move it there.

The Midas Readme.txt can be left where it is as it is not needed for the mod, it is for your information only.

• 3 years later...

Hey i have exactly this problem, only with Martigens Monster Mod.

The armors i have come across sofar all works, but the helmets do not work. It's ruining the whole gameplay, i tried the doing the things bben46 named before (putting the files in oblivion/data/meshes and /textures)

but that didn't do it.

Any help?

Hey i have exactly this problem, only with Martigens Monster Mod.

The armors i have come across sofar all works, but the helmets do not work. It's ruining the whole gameplay, i tried the doing the things bben46 named before (putting the files in oblivion/data/meshes and /textures)

but that didn't do it.

Any help?

You are missing a mesh, you need to put the mesh that is missing into the correct directory.

• 1 year later...

I got a BIG problem that I think, anyone will be able to solve. Ok, I installed Oblivion unofficial patch in my Oblivion GOTY Version. I have every unofficial patch for each DLC. BUT, When I started the game, everything was ok. I escaped from the sewers ect... Now, here is the problem. I bought an house from the Imperial Distric. My house is located in the Waterfront Distric from the Imperial City. When I entered in my new house, I saw a GIANT YELLOW BOX WITH AN EXCLAMATION. Hrmm..Sorry, A giant yellow box with a black exclamation in the middle of my house. So, I used a another mod ( FormID Finder ) that can tell me everything about everything. ( Just awsome :-p ). potion01_orange.nif and iconpotion01_green.DDS was missing in my Oblivion Data folder. So, I downloaded Oblivion unofficial patch Manual installer to see if the missing file was in the manual version. It wasn't in the manual but only potion01_orange.nif was here but, not in his right folder. It was supposed to be in Oblivion\Data\Meshes\Clutter\RCpotions . So, I tried to find this missing file, nop, there was no website containing this file. So, when I saw that it was IMPONSSIBLE to fix that problem, I said, Oblivion Unofficial Patch fix some bugs that make the game better, BUT, this mod already has his own bugs and can't be fixed. How can we fix something that it suppose to fix problem? This mod, no, THESE mods need to be updated or, need to be rebuilt. Because, without these missing files, we can't enjoy this mod. If someone know an issu on how to create a DDS file for his NIF file, just tell me. Oh, and one more thing, I have installed all the unofficial patch before my other mods. Here is a list of all of my mods.

Oh, I forgot, I have the QUARLS mod. So, I have the ressource for OBUP. And, I have no idea what mod is the problem. And I think there is something different between .NIF and .nif or maybe not.

FormID Finder4.esp!BurningItems 0.4.esp

All Spells Avalible for Enchanting and Spell Making.esp

Alluring Potion Bottles v3.bsa

Alluring Potion Bottles v3.esp

Book Jackets Oblivion.esp

BurningItemsMasterF.esm

DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCBattlehornCastle.bsa

DLCBattlehornCastle.esp

DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCFrostcrag.bsa

DLCFrostcrag.esp

DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCHorseArmor.bsa

DLCHorseArmor.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCOrrery.bsa

DLCOrrery.esp

DLCShiveringIsles - Faces.bsa

DLCShiveringIsles - Meshes.bsa

DLCShiveringIsles - Sounds.bsa

DLCShiveringIsles - Textures.bsa

DLCShiveringIsles - Voices.bsa

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCSpellTomes.esp

DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp

DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCThievesDen.bsa

DLCThievesDen.esp

DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCVileLair.bsa

DLCVileLair.esp

FormID Finder4.esp

IlluminationWithout.esp

JADICMothPriests.esp

Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp

Knights.bsa

Knights.esp

lumi_enchantments.esp

Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp

Natural_Vegetation_by_Max_Tael.esp

Natural_Water_by_Max_Tael.esp

Natural_Weather_by_Max_Tael.esp

Natural_Weather_HDR_by_Max_Tael.esp

Oblivion - Meshes.bsa

Oblivion - Misc.bsa

Oblivion - Sounds.bsa

Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa

Oblivion - Voices1.bsa

Oblivion - Voices2.bsa

Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp - Im not using this one!

Oblivion.esm

Real Lava 1.3.esp

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp

UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp

UOPS Additional Changes.esp

USIPS Additional Changes.esp

Thats it, oh, one last thing, don't think its because the Alluringpotion mod. I tried without this mod and, anything changed.

Edited by sartan142