• Please log in to reply
6587 replies to this topic

kristenrose

kristenrose

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I'm sorry to be a bother but I have another question about the Weapons of the Third Era patch. Boss gave me this when I ran it after installing everything today. Warning: This file contains unresolved errors and should be removed. Somehow the Skyrim master entry is duplicated twice.

The plugins list in the NMM does show Skyrim listed as both first and last in the list of Masters. Does anyone know how I can fix this myself? Hopefully it's a simple fix even a newbie like me can do.

nathanj

nathanj

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts
@X-buzz........I actually didn't make any of those patches. Athyra made most of them back when he first started. Back then there weren't a lot of mods that added bows so it was doable but now there are so many of them and then you have to redo the patches when they update and also the DLCs have to be done. At this point it isn't practical to be doing patches for every mod so as I said I will gladly host them if someone wants to make one but I won't be doing any outside of Immersive Weapons myself. ArtisanX bows are very nice but if I did his mod then there would be a flood of requests to to everyone's favorite mod and I don't want to be in the position of picking winners and losers especially considering that people's tastes very so widely. That is why I made the decision and unless there is some tool out there that makes it very simple and easy to do like Reproccer does for SkyRe (sort of LOL). @TmaxinSkyrim.......I highly recommend either Path of Shadows or the one I am currently testing which is Stealth Skills Rebalance which is also a great stealth mod. Also for Thief stuff specifically there is Sneak Tools which adds water arrows, blackjacks, oil arrows and a climbing rope arrow as well. :) @Kristenrose.......I will try and simplify it if I can. Obviously you open up the CK or TES5edit whichever you prefer. Look at the material type of the bow you want to change. If it is set to ebony for example then you want to make it's stats identical to an ebony long bow. You don't have to this obviously if you want a really powerful bow or a weaker one I just do it that way for consistency and balance. You will have to change: speed (light bows are 1.2 and long bows are .6) range (7000 for light and I forget what it is for long but I think its 9000) <INSERT OVER 9000!!! JOKE HERE> critical damage (depends on material very high for light bows and very low for long bows) damage (depends on material lower for light bows and higher for long bows) If the mod adds arrows I would recommend renaming them to light -XXXX arrow or long -XXXX arrow for consistency. I also tend to add long and light in the names of any new bows added so that I can instantly know what they are. For long bows you don't need to add a keyword but for light bows you have to add the keyword Jobfletcher For long arrows you have to add the keyword traitpowerhungry and for light arrows you have to add the keyword traitgreedy @Kristinrose........its fine to run. I was using the Dawnguard version when I made the patch so I had to remove the dependency on it for people who didn't use Dawnguard and so I moved it to Skyrim.esm again if that makes sense. @stuff44.......I don't know much about that stuff. If you are doing it on an existing game you might have to manually change your speedmultiplier with the console. I remember seeing the exact console command on the uesp wiki. @Dashacker......All in one isn't really possible because everytime a DLC comes out odds are that the Archery and possible the Enchanting and upcoming Alchemy module that Rhurin is working on will need updated and that double the the work. There is nothign stopping you from combining them with TES5edit or some other tool though. :)

Edited by nathanj, 02 March 2013 - 07:25 PM.

stuff444

stuff444

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
In response to post #7477229.

Ok, thx. I'll check that out.

stuff444

stuff444

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
@nathanj Ok, so I didnt find the console command (there are so many), but I trie ~ set ACEArmoruninstall to 1, then followed the uninstall info in the effects tab. Clean saved and reloade with ace installed and it works now. I there any need to remove any perks? Ive been using this mod fo a while now, but I think all the perks were simply changed, rather than deleted or adding new ones. If thats the case then there really is no need to remove anything since the game should load the change. At this point I just want to keep my save as neat as possible, which Ive been doing fine as of late. I may remove the armor perks and re add them :P. Good day.

Edited by stuff444, 02 March 2013 - 10:02 PM.

Mahaan

Mahaan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
this mod is really a must have, great work!
but unfortunately the modded arrows hit the target a bit over the aimed point :/

nathanj

nathanj

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts
@stuff..........I use Ishes Respec mod with has potions that remove perks. There is also a MCM perk reset mod that I saw fairly recently. They only work on vanilla perks or modified vanilla perks.

There are a couple of perks in ACE heavy armor that need to be manually removed and if you have any smithing perks you have to manually remove the bottom one and then run and jump a bit till the scripts remove any of the additionally ones in that branch.

@Mahaan.......I have been using Proper Aiming which also has some recommended ini tweaks. Has been working for me. :)

stuff444

stuff444

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
@nathanj Ok, thx.I'm only using armor and the combat modules atm. I used to use the smithing, but have since decided to play without tempering at all. So just remove my heavy armor perks and I'll be good then? Light is ok to leave speced? EDIT: Yeah, light has 10 vanilla & 10 ACE, heavy 12 vanilla & 15 ACE. I'll just console remove my heavy armor character. @Mahann yeah, that's the vanilla auto-up aim.

Edited by stuff444, 03 March 2013 - 01:43 AM.

Mahaan

Mahaan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
In response to post #7479969. #7480074 is also a reply to the same post.

hmm doesn't work for me, i think its rather the modified gravity and speed of the arrows than the auto-aim up..

TmaxInSkyrim

TmaxInSkyrim

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
ATTENTION!!! YOU CAN NOW RESTORE THE FORTIFY RESTORATION POTIONS and ENCHANTMENTS From the front page of Mighty Magick Skyrim by DamarStiehl 2. Mighty Magick - Fortify Magic School Enchantment and Alchemy Reversed.esp All "Fortify X" enchantments were previously labeled as members of Restoration school, causing them to benefit from Fortify Restoration potions and enchantments. This created a potential infinite loop of self-stacking. Now, all "Fortify X" enchantments are not members of ANY school of magick, and do not benefit from any effects other than Fortify Enchanting and Fortify Alchemy at creation.

Edited by TmaxInSkyrim, 03 March 2013 - 04:17 PM.

frigussol

frigussol

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Amazing mod, just here to report a bug.

Summoning light bows doesn't incresae your conjuration.
Is this a known bug?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.937 seconds