257 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972,420 posts
Racial Compatibility

This patch will remove the requirement for packaging your own Vampire and Companions script for your new Race and make it compatible with other races that use this patch (Hopefully all new races will use this patch, or at least one with a similar concept)

hellosanta

hellosanta

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts
This will really help the scripting problem ... but it's much to create and copy & paste all the work I have done already OTL .....
also .. hmm.. is there a significant meaning in having all the New(Vanilaracenames) when they are not used (I see only newimperial is used)? I'm really new to scripting so I'm kind of confused at the moment.

hellosanta

hellosanta

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts
And also .. you've said the script will dynamically update the form lists. Does that mean now custom races can use pre-existing(vanila) formlists without having slider conflicts?

oh, one more question, do i need to add my custom race into formlists 'PlayableRaceList' and 'PlayableVampireList'?

Edited by hellosanta, 18 February 2012 - 04:09 AM.

creeposaurus

creeposaurus

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
Thank you :)

expired6978

expired6978

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,963 posts
Base script has runtime errors atm currently fixing them.

expired6978

expired6978

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,963 posts
Fixed runtime errors, tracked them all and fixed. Now working correctly.

Tested using both my Human Alternatives, and OrientalRace simultaneously. (I updated OrientalRace to support this, also cleaned up the plugin, I will send it to the author)

expired6978

expired6978

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,963 posts
@hellosanta
No, you do not need to add your custom race to those form lists, in fact don't edit any form lists in the editor, thats what the quest controller is for, if you included RaceCompatibility.esm it will automatically append your custom race into those lists assuming you created your HeadParts links correctly.

Also note, its HIGHLY recommended you make a vampire version of your race, even if you never planned to have vampire support, the order of those lists is important because its how it matches up the counterpart

Ex:

PlayableRaceList
0 Breton
1 Orc
2 Redguard

PlayableVampireList
0 BretonVampire
1 OrcVampire
2 RedguardVampire

It will match by index, if you are missing an index all mods that follow this system will be off by one. I just hope that the scripts don't run in parallel (which they probably will now that I think about it... s***...) causing this concept to be scrapped entirely.
Well I tested it, didn't set me as the WRONG race, so I guess that's good lol.

Edited by expired6978, 18 February 2012 - 05:55 AM.

expired6978

expired6978

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,963 posts
There are some HeadParts that are limited to specific races, the variables in your new script are telling the system which HeadParts to copy to your race.

Setting Nord, Breton, Imperial or Redguard won't really have a visual effect as they are all humans and the available head parts don't really differ, but I'm almost positive there are conditional quests or dialogue that are initiated by race, "isHuman" or "isElf" or "isBeast"

Elves:
High
Dark
Wood

Beast:
Argonian
Khajiit
Orc

Human:
Breton
Imperial
Nord
Redguard

Edited by expired6978, 18 February 2012 - 06:03 AM.

hellosanta

hellosanta

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts
Setting nord, breton, imperial actual do have a visual effect as they have different morph data. I'm just trying to get to work with your mod and my race mod ... hmm... anyway I'll just give a try for now :^) thanks!

expired6978

expired6978

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,963 posts
Yeah, the morph data is part of the race, apparently its the only information that gets copied when the Creation Kit tutorial claims it also proxies the head parts when it doesn't. Which is why this mod exists lol.

This mod adds your race to the associated FormList, so if someone chose to add a particular HeadPart to a specific race, if you proxied that specific race your custom race would have access to it. This mod won't copy any face data so choosing Imperial as the source won't make a difference because nobody has made any Imperial restricted HeadParts, most available hairs are available to all the human races.

I tried to make the process as simple as possible, I've already converted the OrientalRace to work, it was actually how I debugged because I already had my own custom race, and when I started to convert OrientalRace things that were already broken started to appear so I traced what was happening and fixed it.

Edited by expired6978, 18 February 2012 - 06:48 AM.

Page loaded in: 1.158 seconds