Skyrim Hunting Overhaul

Bogosity

Being a user of the great mods found here on the skyrim nexus I have been thinking of developing something of my own. One of the many aspects that I enjoy in Skyrim is hunting, for pelts, leather and various other materials that could be of use. However I felt that the hunting system is abit lacking. Where is the economy, where is the big and rare game? I also feel that the game could use a lot more interactivity. Atleast in the hunting aspect of the game. We often encounter traps, like tripwires and bear traps throughout the various dungeons we descend into. Why can we not use these for anything else than harming ourselves?

Features I would like to add:

- Hunting Perk Tree

A crafting skill, whereas leveling up will grant access to both improvements to traps, and even newer and better traps.

- Pelt, Leather and Skin overhaul

Make hunting worthwhile, increasing the tradevalue of skins, pelts, leather and their products.

- Trapping and Baiting

Being able to lay down bait to increase the density of animals both on a short term, and long term basis. For instance, lay down a deer carcass, and come back a few hours later to see if there are any scavengers around. Like skeevers, or wolves.

Being able to lay down traps and snares. Maybe even dig fallpits for the bigger game. Includes everything from traps for rabbits, to maybe even dragon traps.

- Eventually: A hunting guild?

Complete with quests, guild-benefits, NPC's, economy. Come with suggestions.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Never having made a mod before, I would require a lot of assistance as to where to begin - I've got all the required tools, the autodesk suite, Zbrush, Niftools etc. After googling I think that is everything I need. However I have no idea where to start. This will be a project mainly to introduce myself to the mod making scene. And to hopefully learn the underlying structure of a game like skyrim. Being able to give something back to the community that has increased my own gaming experience would mean a lot to me.

What I am wondering:

- Would there be any interest in this? An audience? Or am I wasting my time with this kind of mod?

- Where do I start? Not having any mod experience from earlier on, I only know how to navigate the different programs, but not really how to use them. Could anyone point me to a place where I can start researching?

- Anything YOU would like to add?

I would also appreciate suggestions on what else I can add to this, aswell as feedback.

Thanks for reading and contributing with ideas, critisism and advice! Means a lot to me!

- Sincerly Bogosity

Edited by Bogosity

yeah I'd give this mod a go when you're finished. My advice: go through the tutorials on the wiki and the nexus.

Also, start small. Pick one aspect of the project you want to do first, and get that working in game. Seeing results is the best way to not get discouraged by a big mod project.

yeah I'd give this mod a go when you're finished. My advice: go through the tutorials on the wiki and the nexus.

Also, start small. Pick one aspect of the project you want to do first, and get that working in game. Seeing results is the best way to not get discouraged by a big mod project.

Thanks a lot for the reply! It's exactly this encouragement I need! Think I'll start by looking at the pricing of the leather and pelts