custom bards not working?

jet4571

Copy/Paste of my post at Bethesda's forum if this helps...

Ok this is how I got a bard to work.

1) You need the actor with the BardSingerFaction and JobBardFaction (I just copied Lisette of the Winking Skeever)

2) Next Place an XMarkerHeading where you want them to play, and then Double-click the Bard in the render window and in the linkedref tab add the XMarkerHeading with the keyword BardPlaySpot. (I also just copied some markers from the winking skeever like BardSongNeutralLocationMarker and DrinkingSongMarker not sure if they are needed)

3) Next create a new location for your cell (like MyPlayerHouseLocation) under WorldData/Location edit the fields as normal but make sure you have LocTypeInn as a keyword. (this is used by the BardSongsScript), then edit your cell's location field to your new location.

This should get your bard to take request and play randomly. But if I missed something feel to correct me.

Add to that that I set the bard as a boss of the location.

I had 1 and 2 correct but didn't create a location. Just did that and was going to edit my post but you had the solution posted already. Thanks for the info I hope it helps others.

I know why the bards wee not working for that other mod. I didn't have the required file. But I needed to get mine working without ti for others so they wouldn't need it.