• Please log in to reply
534 replies to this topic

Maverick669

Maverick669

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
of corse i'm running other mods ;-) but nothing that should interfere with the manequins! the last mod i installed was the Skyrim Monster Mod V7. and my game is version 1.5

Tallon314

Tallon314

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
This appears to be causing CTD for me upon entering Proudspire manor. With a Vanilla game, new save file created post-updating to 1.6. not using any script extenders. Just thought I should mention it, as it doesn't particularly affect me (I don't tend to use vanilla homes). If you need help troubleshooting it or can't reproduce it let me know and I'll give you what info I can.

Edited by Tallon314, 18 June 2012 - 03:37 AM.

samunder123

samunder123

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
I am having the same problem as Maverick, I just installed Amethyst Hollows though and I know that has it's own mannequin script so it could be that

faeriexdecay

faeriexdecay

Walking Contradiction

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts
This mod and Amethyst Hollows do not conflict at all, or they shouldn't at least (they do not in my game). Amethyst uses his/her own special scripts for mannequins that have nothing to do with the vanilla mannequins and do not conflict with them in any way. This mod does, however, conflict with the Build Your Own House mod (in my game as well), which is a shame. Hope to see an update soon! :)

masterofshadows

masterofshadows

Old hand

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
i've had my first ctd in a very long time now that I've updated Skyrim to 1.6, and it happened every time I tried to enter Hjerim. I completed Blood on the Ice a long time ago but I still haven't bought the place as I'm leaving the civil war stuff for last. the game would ctd after the loading screen, although the autosave WAS made. so I turned on papyrus logging and loaded up that Hjerim autosave. there were only two types of error logged before the ctd: a whole bunch of WeaponRackActivateSCRIPT lines (but not errors) and 3 MannequinActivatorSCRIPT errors, i guess one for each mannequin (i haven't bought yet): [06/20/2012 - 05:56:23PM] error: Cannot cast from None to Form[] stack: [ (001028FD)].MannequinActivatorSCRIPT.OnCellAttach() - "MannequinActivatorSCRIPT.psc" Line 91 I removed your script and Hjerim loaded fine again. I guess 1.6 broke something in your script, though it may be only for houses you haven't bought and upgraded yet. My other houses (all fully upgraded) seemed to work fine before disabling your script (I didn't check them all). On a completely separate note, my log AFTER removing your script showed all the same WeaponRackActivateSCRIPT lines, NO MannequinActivatorSCRIPT lines, and a hella lot of these: [06/20/2012 - 06:01:10PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp6" stack: [MGRitual04 (000CD987)].mgritual04questscript.OnUpdate() - "MGRitual04QuestScript.psc" Line 59 [06/20/2012 - 06:01:11PM] error: Cannot call Is3DLoaded() on a None object, aborting function call stack: [MGRitual04 (000CD987)].mgritual04questscript.OnUpdate() - "MGRitual04QuestScript.psc" Line 59 this is the mage guild restoration spell quest that I completed a while ago. Seems this is a Beth script error that will loop forever, is there a way to kill it? I ask because I know you're good with this stuff but if you're too busy to answer this part I understand. Sorry about the massive post!

COLDCAPTAIN

COLDCAPTAIN

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
Well, I just entered one of my houses to find all the mannequins wearing Iron Armor which is not even in their item-list. I suppose this is somehow connected to the 1.6 patch, and no I am not running the BETA but instead I am running the full release.

Mrod23

Mrod23

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 31 posts
I've enjoyed your mod for a month or so, until yesterday. I tried to enter any purchased house containing a mannequin (all of them except Breezehome) for the first time with a new character and got an immediate CTD. After much troubleshooting, I found this mod was the culprit. Since I had not been inside the house before, there were no papyrus script errors logged. I suspect it's the animations of the mannequins that collide with the often-discussed animation changes and collisions introduced in the 1.6.89 patch. I look forward to this mod update. Please let us all know when you get it sorted. Cheers,

Edited by Mrod23, 21 June 2012 - 07:51 AM.

CaptainShiny

CaptainShiny

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
I just discovered a CTD when entering Hjerim during the "Blood on the Ice" quest and I could narrow it down to this mod. I use the statue default.

ultimasdragon

ultimasdragon

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
never mind I found the problem I was having to be with another mod.

Edited by ultimasdragon, 22 June 2012 - 12:43 PM.

SLuckyD

SLuckyD

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 559 posts
I have recently came off holiday, so I should be able to check my mods/forums more often now.

Now... I haven't updated my Skyrim yet, I always wait a couple weeks in case it screws up more than it solves. In this case, I've heard it's leaning to the 'more' side in my case (since my mods weren't affected by NavMesh Bug and I haven't started landscaping yet). I'm under the impression they're gunna release a follow-up patch soon, like they did for the 1.524 disaster, but I could be mistaken. I think I'll wait another week to update though..

During the beta testing of the new update though.. I heard anecdotes of pre1.6 mods crashing the game outright. Maybe whatever was causing that wasn't fixed.. or maybe the change was intentional and WON'T be fixed.

But obviously, this script isn't compatible with SOMETHING - since so many of you have similar problems. Presumably, you've already narrowed it down to this and ONLY this, as many have already stated. Just a quick question which seems noone has already answered... Which version of this Fix are you using (Alternative, or Statue/Living)?

This may make a difference, since Daemonjax's Alternative script adds more code with different types of functions, so some of that may be interfering with whatever new changes were made to the game; of course maybe HIS is the one that works and my closer-to-Vanilla versions are what need to be brought up to date. Does anyone know if the Vanilla script that COMES with the new update (if there is one) actually fixes these well-known 'quin problems like it should? If so, then this Fix may now be obsolete and unnecessary... and potentially interfering (though I assume it would have been overwritten should Ma Beth had fixed it herself, like she shoulda).

What it comes down to, is that these Fixes are very basic, and there shouldn't be any reason for the game to conflict with essentially its own coding (as if there should have been a need to fix it in the first place). If it does, Ma Beth made some fundamental changes to the engine and/or scripting... maybe quests, since someone said only mannequins that haven' been 'acquired' yet seem to be affected - can someone verify that?

[I wish all/most devs would release just ONE game that works as-released, without updates. In my opinion, the forced culture of mandatory updating is an absurd business model... one doesn't go to a restaurant KNOWING that what they order will be incomplete and/or half-cooked every single time do they? Noone buys a cars expecting the tires will go flat every other day, right?]

masterofshadows: Thanks for the specifics! That specific mannequin error tells me that for some VERY strange reason, the engine doesn't want to recognize its own array system.. maybe that's what they changed (syntax maybe?) - and since 'preexisting' mannequins have those variables and arrays already set up, that data is in the saveGames and should supercede any new changes.

I'll look into that on the forums to see if anyone has come across this in some other aspect of other mods.

About those mgRitual errors.. you should be able to fix both those errors by inserting the following line right above Line59:
if Alias_Augur.GetReference() != None

Then, after the endWhile (currently line 61), insert the following:
endif

To recompile the script, simply open the CK (without loading any mods or Skyrim.esm, or anything at all). From the 'Gameplay' pulldown, select 'Papyrus Script Manager'. Right-click on that script's name and choose 'Compile'. That's it! The above code will only run the line with the error if the alias has been filled; currently it runs under the assumption that the alias is ALWAYS filled... which isn't the case since you got that 'None' error. (ie: that check should have been in the code from the start)

If you'd rather, I could do this for ya and send it to Dropbox with a link... heheheh probably would've taken less time than explaining how and why to fix it. (maybe tell the UnOfficial SkyFix/whatever thing about it so they can incorporate it) Oh well - you seem like the kind of User that's interested in these kinds of things so...

Thanks again for the specifics.. .they REALLY help! Keep up the great feedback and participation (with ALL mods you use) - you're the kind of person that makes modding SO much easier and more enjoyable.

Page loaded in: 1.209 seconds