Skyrim stuck at loading new game

pizzadeliver

I had similar problems yesterday, some mods causes this and some just makes Skyrim CTD instead of getting stuck at the loading screen. I haven't been able to pinpoint the exact mods though. But you are not alone with this problem. Do Skyrim create a crashlog on CTD?

I've tried everything I could think off, but every single ck made mod makes my game to not load. I uninstalled Skyrim a month ago, waiting to replay it with new mods, but I can still use only olds mods like tytanis, textures and so on... Every new dungeon, new mansion, new area mod will make my game stop warking.

That symptom is classical of load order changes creating deadlocks to the save game. Seems it is already starting, not a surprise at all except maybe it is happening sooner I foresee.

Is not ease to recover the save game "if" that is the case, removing mods are not warranty of solving the issue and may aggravate it even. If the previous load order is known, reconstructing it should help to get the save to load and them, changing to the "correct" load order can be done at steps.

Anyway, trying to get that "correct" load order must be done as soon as possible for things will just become worse from now on.

Edited by nosisab

That symptom is classical of load order changes creating deadlocks to the save game. Seems it is already starting, not a surprise at all except maybe it is happening sooner I foresee.

Is not ease to recover the save game "if" that is the case, removing mods are not warranty of solving the issue and may aggravate it even. If the previous load order is known, reconstructing it should help to get the save to load and them, changing to the "correct" load order can be done at steps.

Anyway, trying to get that "correct" load order must be done as soon as possible for things will just become worse from now on.

This may be the case for save game CTDs for me, doesn't loading a saved game without mods and then saving clean that save game from mods?

What about the "stuck at loading screen" thing then? It wasn't limited to loading saved games in my case, but also happened when I tried to start a new one.

I had similar problems yesterday, some mods causes this and some just makes Skyrim CTD instead of getting stuck at the loading screen. I haven't been able to pinpoint the exact mods though. But you are not alone with this problem. Do Skyrim create a crashlog on CTD?

I've tried everything I could think off, but every single ck made mod makes my game to not load. I uninstalled Skyrim a month ago, waiting to replay it with new mods, but I can still use only olds mods like tytanis, textures and so on... Every new dungeon, new mansion, new area mod will make my game stop warking.

I've got a quick start save from Nexus (not working) and I can't even start a new game, I just get the betsheda logo and the smoke forever.

• 1 month later...
Same thing here. I had all my mods working (well over a hundered of them) and then I was stupid and thought I would update my catalyst drivers. After that nothing but woe. I uninstalled the Application Profiles and deleted my old skyrim folder in My Games and launched from Steam with no luck. I then tried to launch from NMM and same thing. I've tried deactivating certain recent mods and it just hangs up before you get to the "Bethesda Presents" opening when starting a new game. If I find the mod doing this I'll post it. It happened a few days before and I saw the post about the CK mods and deactivated it and that fixed the issue. But now I don't know what it is.

I have the same exact issue as AntX and a couple others in this thread. I had well over 20 mods working in perfect harmony, then I decided, hey I never added story mods (quest mods and such) so I went on a spree and subscribed to a bunch of stuff on the workshop. Earlier I also used the mod manager to install a few other mods only on the nexus. They worked perfectly until my subscription spree I mentioned earlier. If I try to load a game Skyrim instantly crashes. If I go to new game, all options go away and I stare at the Skyrim logo with the smoke and music perpetually playing. I have to force close it to get out of it. I've tried a clean install a few times, moving my skyrim folder in my games, and verifying my files via steam. I can't even play the game 100% vanilla. Even on a clean install. What is going on? Any ideas? I'm uninstalling from steam and I'm installing from my disc if that makes a difference, so it only takes around 20 min.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...