The face color of the NPC doesn't match the body color

xb7bk

The explanations thus far are kind of vague. I know because I've tried like 10 ways of interpreting them so far and my guys still have nasty pasty gray faces. Part of my confusion is if you have to move the files about after export.

This is how I understand it so far, if anyone would be so kind as to correct me:

• 1. Save .esp, close ck
    2. Open Wrye Bash - Skyrim
    3. Right click your .esp -> Copy to .esm
    4. Close Wrye Bash
    5. Open CK, load the .esm
    6. Change something about the NPC (anything? facegendata? tint? I've tried all)
    7. Hit Ok
    8. Undo those changes
    9. Select NPC(s) in Object window.
    10. Press Ctrl+F4 and hit Yes and OK
    11. Load game and see your esm? (tried as fallback, failed)

Now these I assumed, but I've tried without doing them,

11. Move the files in:

• Data\textures\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceTint\mymod.esm

to:

• Data\textures\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceTint\mymod.esp

again, this failed to proper tinted faces in game.

I also tried several variations of making a seperate esp with ONLY my npcs, then loading that in various combinations with my mod and without, changing the faces, and moving the files.

Am I after the wrong files altogether? I was originally going after the files under \data\meshes as well, but figured only the tint mattered after doing this several times over and over.

Thanks for any help you can provide. :D This would make a good tutorial for up until they update if it get's organized.

Edited by SinderionsBones

The explanations thus far are kind of vague. I know because I've tried like 10 ways of interpreting them so far and my guys still have nasty pasty gray faces. Part of my confusion is if you have to move the files about after export.

This is how I understand it so far, if anyone would be so kind as to correct me:

• 1. Save .esp, close ck
    2. Open Wrye Bash - Skyrim
    3. Right click your .esp -> Copy to .esm
    4. Close Wrye Bash
    5. Open CK, load the .esm
    6. Change something about the NPC (anything? facegendata? tint? I've tried all)
    7. Hit Ok
    8. Undo those changes
    9. Select NPC(s) in Object window.
    10. Press Ctrl+F4 and hit Yes and OK
    11. Load game and see your esm? (tried as fallback, failed)

Now these I assumed, but I've tried without doing them,

11. Move the files in:

• Data\textures\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceTint\mymod.esm

to:

• Data\textures\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceTint\mymod.esp

again, this failed to proper tinted faces in game.

I also tried several variations of making a seperate esp with ONLY my npcs, then loading that in various combinations with my mod and without, changing the faces, and moving the files.

Am I after the wrong files altogether? I was originally going after the files under \data\meshes as well, but figured only the tint mattered after doing this several times over and over.

Thanks for any help you can provide. :D This would make a good tutorial for up until they update if it get's organized.

This is what I do, and it works. It's as easy as could be.

1) Save your .esp as an .esm with Wrye Bash or TESsnip.

2) Load that .esm in the CK. Highlight (mark blue) all the entries for your custom NPCs. Press ctrl + F4. Click Yes and Done in the pop-up windows. All the exported data should end up where it is supposed to--there is no need to move the files. Mine end up in Data\Meshes\actors\character\facegendata\facegeom\YourModNameHere.esm and Data\Textures\actors\character\facegendata\facetint\YourModNameHere.esm.

3) Load the game with your .esm ticked in the NMM. You don't need the original .esp any more. That's it, now there ought to be no color mismatching.

i did the same as every one say then test the game

the ESP still Color mismatch (Face/Body) but the ESM fixed the face color thank god then i click on follow me and every thing is cool but when i exit the game and get back to it the follower disappear !!!

Note : please no one tell me to get back to their default location or go to my house and wait because i already do all that

So frustration really and wait for a decent fix

• 3 weeks later...

i did the same as every one say then test the game

the ESP still Color mismatch (Face/Body) but the ESM fixed the face color thank god then i click on follow me and every thing is cool but when i exit the game and get back to it the follower disappear !!!

Note : please no one tell me to get back to their default location or go to my house and wait because i already do all that

So frustration really and wait for a decent fix

this is happening to me to with the file as an esm but they do eventually show up at their original location

ah it is a function of leaving the file as an esm

thanks Jet4571

you make your esp make a esm copy

export the face data from both

copy the esm facedata into the folder for the esp facedata.

delete the esm and the esm facedata folder

leaving you with the esp and the esp facedata folder

(containing the esm facedata)

now i have no grey face and they actually seem to work.

Edited by Frosty1976

• 8 months later...
I fixed this issue somehow, as I don't have an ESM for my custom NPC but a regular ESP and the face is the same tint as the rest of the body. . . Desperately trying to figure out how I did it now, as I forgot what I did.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...