4290 replies to this topic

Jatiro

Jatiro

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey there S.
Based on reviews and pictures and videos I've seen of this work, I've been very excited to try it out, however I've had a few minor complications. None of them have anything to do with your mod, however they are causing me to be unable to use it. Basically, I've been uninstalling - reinstalling the multitude of followers that I've added prior to your Breezehome enhancement because it seems I need to figure out which of the minions are causing the Bannered Mare to CTD every time I open the door after installation of this... those little bastiches! Thus far I'm at a loss, even after cleaning out all of them. I don't use hi rez textures, I haven't added anything that changes the bar in any way that I'm able to isolate, and yet one knock at the door, and my poor Dragonborn is booted out of the realm without so much as a Fus Ro Dah...
Without your mod, no problem, can visit with all of his pals, after installation, can not get a whisper in through a crack in the wall.

As such, I was hoping you'd be able to please post me back the ID numbers for whichever NPC (I'm assuming Garath? - all three would be great just in case) will allow me to purchase the upgrades for the home, that I may be able to teleport him / her out of the pub to meet me in the street temporarily and the dovahkiincan drink comfortably in his newly renovated estate.

Thank you so much in advance.
~Jatiro~

Kaya47

Kaya47

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
Hey Skull, will you be updating your RLO+ELFX+BFU patch? There`s a new version of ELFX out and i`d like to try it out using your patch :D

Edited by Kaya47, 02 August 2013 - 05:42 AM.

DuIstalri

DuIstalri

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
In response to post #8638533.

While I'm not SkullMonkey, if I can just put in my two cents - maybe something went wrong relating to Garath during the installation, and that's why you are crashing in the inn? If that is the case, then teleporting him to you will almost certainly either A: do nothing or B: crash your game.

blattgeist

blattgeist

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts
I'm having some weird lighting issues in breezehome. I mean everything is just fine when I don't use candlelight spell or a torch. But when I do, the areas are kinda popping in as lighted as I get closer. I'm using "Shadow Striping Fix", "Climates of Tamriel" (warm interiors, hazardrous dungeons) and a torch mod, that doubles the torch lighting range (Eternal Torch).

Any help on the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I've read a bit about lighting. Is my issue a known one?

Edited by blattgeist, 02 August 2013 - 11:08 AM.

Sku11M0nkey

Sku11M0nkey

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,647 posts
In response to post #8642041.

Ditch the shadow striping fix that's a conflicting one I believe.

also are you using RLO? or any other lighting mods? COT should be fine... the torch mod might be killing it too though I have a couple of torch lights in the spiral staircase and if you double the range of those lights then it will screw up the lighting in the entire house. particularly in the basement.

Sku11M0nkey

Sku11M0nkey

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,647 posts
In response to post #8638533. #8641974 is also a reply to the same post.

hmmm you might be hitting a memory limit issue with too many scripts loading into memory.

In this mod there is a single background script that runs once. This script is a listener that is a part of the "story manager" within skyrim. Basically it runs every time you enter in a new cell.

If "new cell" = Bannared mare Run Garath's quest. this loads Garath's dialogue into memory. Considering Garath's dialogue is 30 megs that might be the issue.

Sooo... disable a bunch of memory hog mods and you SHOULD be able to run it. I've also heard that it causes an initial CTD but you simply start the game back up and try going into the bannared mare again using the same save and they were able to get in.

Sku11M0nkey

Sku11M0nkey

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,647 posts
In response to post #8639830.

Just install the new version of ELFX with the "no breezehome" option.

blattgeist

blattgeist

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts
In response to post #8642041. #8651173 is also a reply to the same post.

Ah I see so the torch mod affects hand placed torches too. Ditch the striping fix mod? hm.. I don't know ( I think that's an important one). I don't use any other lighting mods, since most of them would be incompatible with COT. Thanks for the reply and your mod is awesome, so much stuff to build. Thanks

Edit: I tested breezehome without shadow striping fix and the torch mod. Still the same issue. Well whatever. I just try not to use torches in there then. Maybe climates of tamriel is causing problems.

Edit2: I googled the problem a bit. It's a vanilla issue that is present since skyrim was released. People say that you need to put "fFlickeringLightDistance=8192" in your skyrim ini under [general] but well that did not solve the problem.

Edited by blattgeist, 03 August 2013 - 03:12 PM.

jmike00

jmike00

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
I remember when this mod first came out it showed a ton of promise. Then I remember when you started on the Hearthfire update before last Christmas and I ended up taking a break playing not too long after so I didn't get to see the progress. I just recently came back and this was one of the first things I made sure to download, especially after seeing how far you had come.

I was not prepared for how far you had taken this mod. I was amazed. I wasted 3 hours just dickin around inside checking out everything. I particularly enjoyed the voice work for the guy in the Bannered Mare. Some of his quips were very amusing. Great job!!! I wish I could endorse again just to show truly how much your hard work is enjoyed and appreciated!

Kaymac

Kaymac

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 9 posts
Hi, love the mod. I've been using it and havent looked back. But I've hit a snag recently and hoping someone could help out? Here's a sneak peak at my log file that gets generated. It grows about a megabyte for each minute I play.

03:12:53AM] Error: Unable to call Is3DLoaded - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
[None].defaultDisableHavokOnLoad.Is3DLoaded() - "<native>" Line ?
[ (72023A05)].WeaponRackActivateScript.PlaceItem() - "WeaponRackActivateSCRIPT.psc" Line ?
[ (72023A05)].WeaponRackActivateScript.HandlePlayerItem() - "WeaponRackActivateSCRIPT.psc" Line ?
[ (72023A05)].WeaponRackActivateScript.RunPlayerActivation() - "WeaponRackActivateSCRIPT.psc" Line ?
[ (72023A05)].WeaponRackActivateScript.OnActivate() - "WeaponRackActivateSCRIPT.psc" Line ?
[08/03/2013 - 03:12:53AM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp24"
stack:
[ (72023A05)].WeaponRackActivateScript.PlaceItem() - "WeaponRackActivateSCRIPT.psc" Line ?
[ (72023A05)].WeaponRackActivateScript.HandlePlayerItem() - "WeaponRackActivateSCRIPT.psc" Line ?
[ (72023A05)].WeaponRackActivateScript.RunPlayerActivation() - "WeaponRackActivateSCRIPT.psc" Line ?
[ (72023A05)].WeaponRackActivateScript.OnActivate() - "WeaponRackActivateSCRIPT.psc" Line ?
[08/03/2013 - 03:12:53AM] Error: Unable to call Is3DLoaded - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
[None].defaultDisableHavokOnLoad.Is3DLoaded() - "<native>" Line ?
[ (7200573C)].WeaponRackActivateScript.PlaceItem() - "WeaponRackActivateSCRIPT.psc" Line ?
[ (7200573C)].WeaponRackActivateScript.HandlePlayerItem() - "WeaponRackActivateSCRIPT.psc" Line ?
[ (7200573C)].WeaponRackActivateScript.RunPlayerActivation() - "WeaponRackActivateSCRIPT.psc" Line ?
[ (7200573C)].WeaponRackActivateScript.OnActivate() - "WeaponRackActivateSCRIPT.psc" Line ?
[08/03/2013 - 03:12:53AM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp24"
stack:
[ (7200573C)].WeaponRackActivateScript.PlaceItem() - "WeaponRackActivateSCRIPT.psc" Line ?
[ (7200573C)].WeaponRackActivateScript.HandlePlayerItem() - "WeaponRackActivateSCRIPT.psc" Line ?
[ (7200573C)].WeaponRackActivateScript.RunPlayerActivation() - "WeaponRackActivateSCRIPT.psc" Line ?
[ (7200573C)].WeaponRackActivateScript.OnActivate() - "WeaponRackActivateSCRIPT.psc" Line ?
[08/03/2013 - 03:12:53AM] Error: Unable to call Is3DLoaded - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
[None].defaultDisableHavokOnLoad.Is3DLoaded() -

This repeats till I crash out. I tried using the console and using the player.moveto command for the IDs it listed (7200573C and 72023A05) and it warped me to the underground tunnel with the ore and above one of the dagger rack in the kitchen respectively so i dont know its whining about a weapon rack necessarily. I was fine for a good while.. not sure what I did to start causing these :(.

Edited by Kaymac, 03 August 2013 - 09:20 AM.

Page loaded in: 1.091 seconds