• Please log in to reply
13257 replies to this topic

GilbertDulbert

GilbertDulbert

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi. Congrats for that great mod. It has changed my whole skyrim experience. I, however, suffer from a recuring bug. When I have my character wait/sleep, time-passing rate accelerates (nothing wrong so far). But when I gain control of the character again, the rate won't go back to normal. Did someone still experienced that ? If so, do you have some advice to deal with this issue ? Thanks.

Chesko

Chesko

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,984 posts
GilbertDulbert - This is a known issue and I've put in some changes to fix this in the future. What kind of waiting were you using? (by hour, till morning, or until storm passes?)

KrimsonRose - If you play without WEAR, clothing is just as effective.

deathneko11 - I don't see how, since I never added support for that, but if you're using a magical flaming horse in conjunction with a survival realism mod... oh, who am I to judge :)

Banzai07 - Without telling me what equipment it was, no, I don't.

filledb - I think someone else answered your question. Good luck! Something interesting that I've observed is that people seem to like to make a lot of new characters when playing with Frostfall. I've started to dub it "the Minecraft effect" because it's the same thing I would do when playing Minecraft; the game seemed to be at its most fun right at the beginning, starting from nothing.

Hyomoto - My compatibility page shows which objects I expect in order to emit heat.

Chesko

Chesko

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,984 posts
JiiiBiii - I put in some changes to help combat this.

SeRidicaLup - My compatibility page details what I expect to emit heat. The author will need to utilize this. The stew effect is in your Active Effects screen.

Deathneko11

Deathneko11

Southern Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,805 posts
I actually just wrote a message to the mod author to see if there was a way to turn the heating affect off without breaking the mod in other ways. I feel like i'm cheating >.>

GilbertDulbert

GilbertDulbert

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The bug occurs both with "by hours" and " 'till morning". So far, I've never been proposed the "Until storm passes" option. It doesn't occurs systematically though.

KrimsonRose

KrimsonRose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Thanks for the prompt reply! My monk character will play without W.E.A.R. then. Keep up the wonderful work, with this and your other wonderful mods.

MangoMonkey

MangoMonkey

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
Endorsed. Amazing mod, utterly amazing. Every time I think "great mod, wouldn't it be cool if...", you've already done it. Little touches all over the place that make it as close to perfect as I've ever seen. Would endorse a thousand times over if I could.

Chesko

Chesko

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,984 posts
Thank you everyone for your support this month. Frostfall has hung in there for File of the Month on the Nexus for quite some time now, against several odds. We are also inching ever-closer to 5000 endorsements, surpassing Wearable Lanterns, which I never though would happen. Thank you!

Here is a list of changes coming in Frostfall 2.1. I'd like to have this update out in the next couple of days. This update will address many of the bugs, confusion, inconsistencies, complaints, and requests that have come up since 2.0's release. This will also be the last update to Frostfall 2.x for quite some time, provided no major bugs crop up. I will be switching to improving some outstanding issues with Wearable Lanterns, and start working on Last Seed more earnestly. Enjoy, and I hope you like reading :)

Major Changes
  • The visible exposure scale now ranges from 0 to -100. You can still get "warm", and there is still an additional 20 points above 0, but you can no longer see them when using Weathersense. The plus / minus numbers were causing a lot of confusion with some users. You will still get a "you are completely warm" message to note that you are as warm as you will ever get. I personally like this change because it is, to me, somehow more mentally satisfying to see a 0 for exposure for a longer period, and not exactly know when my exposure will "start creeping up". The uncertainty combined with the visually satisfying 0 somehow makes this inexplicably, illogically better. :)

New Features
  • You can now start the mod in one of three different ways: 1)Look to the stars, 2)SkyUI Only: Click the Frostfall Status button in the Frostfall MCM's Overview page, or 3) Open the console, and type "set StartFrostfall to 1".
  • New shiver sound effects for male and female when the player reaches "freezing" or "freezing to death". Can be toggled on and off.
  • New force feedback options for controller users. You will feel a mild rumble when entering the Freezing state, a heavy rumble when entering Freezing to Death, and you will feel your heartbeat pulse when swimming in frigid water, which will slowly taper off before you die. Force feedback can be turned on or off.
  • SkyUI Only: You can now set hotkeys for Weathersense and Survival Skills.
  • SKSE Only: Hand-warming animations. They will play automatically only under the following circumstances: 1) You must be using SKSE, 2) You must be in 3rd person mode, 3) You must have your weapon sheathed, 4) You must be stopped for a prolonged period of time (>8 seconds). To break out of the animation, press a movement key. (Controller users will have to press an attack key, jump, or weapon ready. There is no way to detect the joystick using SKSE at this time.)
  • There is now an option to turn off Advanced Object Placement for camping supplies for those that have experienced performance issues. If it is turned off, you will place items by dropping them into the world, positioning them by dragging the item around, and the clicking on them and selecting Place. It will place the item in front of where you are standing. They will be placed perfectly level (flat), so find a flat-ish spot to camp if you use this mode for performance reasons.
  • Wyrmstooth, a new quest and new landmass adventure mod, is now fully supported.
  • Exposure and Wetness are now displayed in the tent menu system.
  • Most waterfalls will now drench you when standing near or under them for a few seconds. I can't promise that this will work 100% of the time. If you see strange behavior, please report it.
  • New in-game troubleshooter for the error message "You are already trying to place something" displaying when it should not.
  • theRoadstroker's Rogue Sorceress Outfit will be fully supported in an optional compatibility patch that will launch simultaneously with 2.1. I've always loved this gear set and am happy that it is more fully supported now. This also now adds support for one-piece gear sets such as this (combination gloves, body, hands, and/or head gear in the same item). You will get an appropriate level of exposure protection when wearing his Outfit, and the cloak now acts as Linen. The cloak's used slot has been changed to 46 in the compatibility patch in order to bring it in line with most other cloak mods. A complete list of changes will be forthcoming.
  • New recipe for brand new Woodcutter's Axe. This was originally avoided because of the catch-22 of needing firewood to craft the woodcutter's axe, and needing a woodcutter's axe to harvest firewood. Now that the player can use a Stone Hatchet to acquire firewood, this recipe now makes sense to have.
  • Cleaned Pelts and Hide Lace can now be crafted from the Tanning Rack menu as well.
  • You can now reclaim your amulet from your backpack at a tanning rack without losing the backpack.
  • A new message will appear when loading your game: "You are now prepared to use camping equipment." This informs you when Frostfall's startup routines are complete. After this message appears, camping equipment can be placed and other features will begin working as well (W.E.A.R. etc).

Bug Fixes
  • NPCs should no longer sandbox into the player's bed roll, preventing packing the tent.
  • Breton Vampires can now see their backpacks when worn.
  • Waiting in tents has been improved. Your timescale should (hopefully) now always return to the right one, at the right time.
  • The radius that a campfire will heat a tent from has been increased.
  • Some of the text in the SkyUI MCM has been modified for clarity or corrected.
  • You can now see your Adaptation bonus under Active Effects.
  • Bandoliers should no longer spam the Papyrus log. Bandoliers should no longer be detected by Frostfall as gloves.
  • Much better swimming detection. Should hopefully eliminate "You cannot do that while swimming" errors for most users.
  • Backpack items will no longer display when invisible or ethereal, to prevent "floating items" without the invisibility effect from appearing.
  • The player's scale should no longer be changed when using certain camping equipment.
  • "Faint heat" messages while indoors should no longer appear, and should appear more relevantly when outdoors.
  • The amount of time Frostfall allows its main script to run in a single loop has been lengthened. This should fix an issue where some users had exposure values that would not change. It is still recommended that those users tweak their Papyrus settings in Skyrim.ini in order to improve script performance.
  • You will no longer lose your camping item when trying to place something and then moving through a load door. This will also no longer break your ability to place things in the future.
  • You can no longer use Survival Skills, mortar and pestle, or drop items to place them while on horseback.
  • Removed the collision mesh from lanterns that hang in the Large Hide Tent, which can cause camera issues.
  • Cloaks detected using the legacy keyword method now grant the benefits of Linen cloaks when using W.E.A.R.
  • The messages that display when in frigid water are now tied to the Condition Messages option.
  • Resolved misc. papyrus log errors.
  • A few remaining script-driven messages now have their own message objects to allow for proper translation.
  • Cooking pots are placed slightly higher, and should be easier to activate once placed.
  • The cloak textures for the fur cloak by Lorelai have been reduced in size. The clasp ornament has been reduced from 1024x1024 to 256. The fur texture has been reduced from 2048x2048 to 1024x1024. The normal maps remain the same. This should improve performance for some users and help avert memory-related issues.

Changes
  • Weathersense now shows the incoming weather temperature, if a new weather is incoming. This should cause the visual weather to match Weathersense's reports much more often.
  • It is now impossible to craft tents or backpacks using the Tanning Rack, or cooking pots at a Forge, before the mod has started or when the mod is shut down.
  • Longbows now require Hide Lace instead of Leather Strips.
  • Beast tails are now hidden when using Frostfall cloaks (Travel Cloaks)
  • The commas in backpack names have been replaced with hyphens to allow for Customizable Favorites Menu support.
  • The Weathersense Ring has been removed. Future SkyUI meters using the widget framework, along with the SkyUI Weathersense hotkey that can be used on horseback, has made this redundant and its implementation was never that good because it relies too heavily on the user's script performance in order to fire consistently, which led to a lot of bug reports.
  • The vampirism check now also checks whether or not the player is of ActorTypeUndead. This means some mods that make the player a Lich are now supported. The wording in the menus has also been modified to reflect this change.
  • SKSE + Hearthfire Only: The Quarried Stone to Dense Stone recipe has been changed to require 4 Quarried Stone for every 1 Dense stone, instead of the other way around.

Known Issues
  • If you run Frostfall's Wet and Cold compatibility wizard, and then navigate to Wet and Cold's MCM page, the option for player drips will revert itself. This is a Wet and Cold issue. I am working with Isoku on this.
  • Blizzard AOE spells do not put out campfires, and Fire AOE spells do not light campfires. Implementing this would greatly overcomplicate the way campfires currently work.
  • Scrapped plans to make mortar and pestle-crafted potions 25% less powerful. The plan is to create a portable alchemy lab with more facilities in a future update, which will give 100% quality. At that time, the mortar and pestle will be downgraded to 75% effectiveness.
  • Investigating ways to get backpacks and the player to no longer display their woodcutter's axe when chopping wood at a chopping block, to prevent multiple axes from appearing. No promises here.

Edited by Chesko, 28 January 2013 - 07:26 PM.

Chesko

Chesko

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,984 posts
It would appear that I've completely broken the comment thread's style sheet. Let me try to fix that. One sec.
Edit: Fixed.

Edited by Chesko, 28 January 2013 - 06:36 PM.

Hellfire16

Hellfire16

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I dont know why some other peoples complaining about not working with cracked game... I tested it. It's working perfectly. (I have the original game too, but i tested this mod separately.)

Page loaded in: 1.205 seconds