13275 replies to this topic

Chesko

Chesko

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,985 posts
In response to post #8828575.

I don't know. I haven't tested the ramifications of an upgrade yet. There might be some ongoing errors that may never be fixed in the current version that may not be fixed by upgrading.

I don't think it's more dangerous than installing WL right now, but there may be some things that won't get fixed when you upgrade.

Chesko

Chesko

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,985 posts
So, I'm working on meters (again). Like, real meters, similar to the Health/Stamina/Magicka meters, not the Active Effects icons. I gave the AE icons a try and I was never happy with the result. So here we are!

I'm working on offering a set of placement options for the meters on the screen. It won't fit everyone's tastes but it should cover the majority of users. I hope this will be worth the wait.

With dmastermanga's help, I identified another issue with the handwarming animation that will have a fix rolled into the next update. This bug can cause the animation to stop working sometimes in the middle of a playthrough. Thanks, dmastermanga!

kaylo

kaylo

Inspector of Damage. Writer of Claims. ADJUSTER

• Premium Member
  • 947 posts
In response to post #8827409. #8828232 is also a reply to the same post.

Alright. I've got a busy couple days ahead with claims, but I'll jump into testing it once everything is compiled and submitted. In the meantime, I kept a save from before the incident just in case, but was still wondering how safe markfordelete is in this instance. I'd tested removing them yesterday evening after reporting the issue, and noticed the backpack had two overlapping statics and had to be removed twice.
Just out of curiosity, I remember running into z-fighting issues back in the day with overlapping statics, and this potentially can cause issues can't it? Or at least cause statics to not render properly.

Edit: Just to update, I've tried to reproduce this multiple times without results. It's worked correctly every time since. I've made a habit of saving before breaking down the tent, so if I run across it again I'll enable papyrus logging and email you the log. Until then I have no idea what reproduces the bug.

Edited by kaylo, 22 August 2013 - 03:28 AM.

Indraroh

Indraroh

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 73 posts
Is there any chance that spells such as Flame Cloak will protect against cold weather in the future?

I always found it odd how my mage surrounded by searing flames is freezing to death.

crazz2323

crazz2323

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts
I have to sincerely thank you for making this mod. It makes a good game awesome. This combined with Real Needs and Diseases has put me in survival heaven.

Only question/suggestion I have is I found it a bit disappointing that I could not cook food unless I make or buy a cooking pot which involves going right to town. It would be great if I could make a temporary cooking apparatus, maybe out of firewood, (like the one use axes made from dense stone to collect firewood). This way, people who have not gone to town, or play alternative starts, can feel more immersed in the whole survival aspect and not starve to death.

Chesko

Chesko

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,985 posts
In response to post #8837861.

No.

However, a special set of alteration spells has been added to 2.5 to provide an Exposure Protection benefit.

The working assumption is that Destruction magic cannot harm (and therefore affect) you.

Savage Hammer

Savage Hammer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
Quick question, if i merge Cloaks of Skyrim with Winter is Coming: Cloaks. Will the merged mod be compatible with Frostfall.

Thanks in advance.

Psychemotion

Psychemotion

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
is there any particular use to the hide waterskins? they don't seem to appear on my backpack and i can't do anything with it?

wolferz

wolferz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I would like to offer a potential idea on vampire support. I hope this is not a "not up for discussion" type issue but I've not found any details on vampire support anywhere except for the blanket statement that "yes it's supported.

Also... I know, Giant Block of Text™. Trust me, the idea is rather simple: 1 small change and 1 change which is already implemented in different part of the vanilla game. I just prefer to explain the concept thoroughly to make sure it is understood. Nothing more irritating than making a suggestion only for it to be completely misunderstood and disregarded "because X" when "X" isn't even relevant to the suggestion. Something I've had happen a *lot*. :-/

I really enjoyed Frostfall up until becoming a vampire, but now that I've crossed that particular threshold I find that Frostfall is irrelevant to my play through. I do get the logic behind this. Vampire do not have the same need for warmth that mortals would and do not have the same fundamental biological and chemical processes that need heat to maintain. However, I think this might be a reasonable place to invoke Rule of Fun to override suspension of disbelief. I'm also aware of the option to completely disable vampire immunity but I find that takes it a quite a bit too far.

What I was thinking was two specific changes for vampire characters.

1. Drinking the blood of the living warms a vampire back up a small amount, reducing exposure. This provide a vampire centric way to fight off exposure that can supplement the other ways provided by Frostfall.

2. Vampires do not die at 100% exposure... the character could is sent to a loading screen and awaken some where else (ala the "With Friends Like These..." quest) after a random amount of time (weeks) to find there are bandits attacking them. They would also be at 100% bloodlust. Forced to fight bare handed to recover their weapons and armor (which were removed by the bandits).

The idea is that their bodies are literally frozen solid. Strictly speaking this would not be fatal to a vampire... but would be enormously inconvenient. Thus, it would require that the vampire wait for some poor fool to be dumb enough to warm them back up. So basically the proximity of fresh blood near a starving vampire along with the bandit's body heat would be just enough to get the vampire going again. It's enough to make vampires be serious about warm clothing and shelter but still in keeping with the general and Skyrim specific vampire mythos. This really is the key feature of the idea I'm suggesting.

I also considered that vampires have less natural ability to say warm... but then it also seems they aren't harmed as much by being cold. I figure thats a "0 net change" type of deal. Might be something to play with for balance's sake though. And while swimming vampcicles aren't likely to be found by bandits, especially in deep water, that seems too trivial to bother with.

I hope this wouldn't be too difficult to implement should you like the idea.

Edited by wolferz, 18 August 2013 - 10:06 PM.

Chesko

Chesko

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,985 posts
In response to post #8839370.

Waterskins are not from my mod.

Waterskins from IMCN and RND will begin displaying on backpacks in Frostfall 2.5.

Edited by Chesko, 18 August 2013 - 09:58 PM.

Page loaded in: 1.154 seconds