100% Crash Falkreath Hold

Slinkusss

Hey people, I've got a crash just like this around Nightgate Inn, and after trying a load of solutions, I managed to narrow it down a bit: in my case, renaming "meshes" folder eliminated the crash, so it seems there's a corrupted mesh or something of the sort that's giving me trouble. Going to try to find which one.

E: Got it. It's the architecture/farmhouse meshes added by Static Mesh Improvement Mod. Time for a re-install...

You might be on to something, I'm having a crash issue near falkreath and I'm using SMIM so Lemme see what happens..

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG you guys are awesome! Finally. I have had the crash on two separate playthroughs one at Falkreath area, and one at Nightgate inn area! And I also use SMIM- so I'm very hopeful that this is the problem.

Cos that means solution!

Found this in SMIM version history (Feb 27):

Solved CTD caused by farmbtrapdoor02.nif. I accidentally removed the door part of the mesh. Apologies, and BIG thanks to Ijahman for finding the mesh causing the issue.

And behold, updating SMIM fixes the crash completely so removing parts of it is unnecessary. I have to check for updates more often... especially in this case since I installed SMIM the exact day this fix was released, just a bit too early. Ouch.

Edited by SlimyMarmot

Do the same I did to find my crash: try renaming folders in skyrim/data (specifically graphics and sound-related) to see if playing without the contents of one of them eliminates the crash. If this works, you can continue deeper and pinpoint the problem. If not, try a different character to check for save corruption. Those should give you something to work with, if nothing else.

If you have static mesh improvement mod disable it and try with the character that wash crashing. Also update static mesh improvement mod. I seriously started like four new characters, but when I realised it was this mod, I updated and my old saves worked!

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

just wanted to say that my Skyrim also CTD around Falkreath, but I don't use "SMIM". Also, I'm not riding Shadowmere.

I have "Sounds of Skyrim", "5 day Respawn", "Skyrim HD 2K textures {Nebula}", "Frostfall", "Imp's MCN" and I don't know what else to mention...