• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

testertestertester

testertestertester

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
The thing is, I don't really like the "nudeness" of nude mods but I do like how the meshes and textures are amazing. I think it's kinda off putting that when you loot corpses for all their stuff, you get a nude corpse on the floor.

What I think would be a great mod would be to add an "underwear" and an "undershirt/bra" item into the game. These should not replace existing item slots but go underneath armors and clothing. Also, when you "loot all" from a corpse, the underwear items should be prevented from being looted automatically unless you deliberately choose to undress the corpse. I don't know if that last point could be incorporated but I can hope.

Also, the only real underwear replacer mods for males either retexture the underwear or they make it look like the guy's genitals shrank into his body - i.e. it looks like a woman is wearing the underwear.

Rennn

Rennn

Grossly Incandescent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,822 posts
There was a mod like this for Oblivion. It was a modification of Undies Underneath, though it was a rather amateurish attempt. It mostly did what it was supposed to, but unlike the original UU mod that it was based on it lead to large amounts of save bloat. The underwear could be equipped instantly as soon as their main clothes are unequipped. That's how UU did it. I'd have no idea where to begin, but this would be a very good idea. It would make Skyrim a bit more 'onlooker safe' (lol) without sacrificing realism.

Nephenee13

Nephenee13

Life. Love. Yuri.

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
Conceptually plausible at least, the Undies Underneath mod for Oblivion did this, though I don't think it was ever extended to the point you are asking for.

I'd say the first step would be replicating that mod in Skyrim, then seeing if you can get it to apply universally.

Rennn

Rennn

Grossly Incandescent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,822 posts
As I said, there was an expansion from another modder that added Undies Underneath undergarments to all NPCs. It caused much more save bloat though, and I don't remember the name. The programming on it was apparently full of syntax errors and uncleaned spawns, so a well-made version in Skyrim wouldn't necessarily have the same problems.

Edited by Rennn, 26 February 2012 - 08:40 AM.

Nephenee13

Nephenee13

Life. Love. Yuri.

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts

As I said, there was an expansion from another modder that added Undies Underneath undergarments to all NPCs. It caused save bloat though, and I don't remember the name. The programming on it was apparently full of syntax errors and uncleaned spawns, so a well-made version in Skyrim wouldn't necessarily have the same problems.

I had a bit of internet issues and while I started my post before you posted, it didn't come through till afterwards. I did not know about that mod, and I definitely see how it could cause save-game bloat, hell, even the standard UU causes a (very tiny) amount.

Personally, I have no real issues with leaving naked bodies behind, but if someone could pull this off elegantly, that would be pretty nifty in general.

testertestertester

testertestertester

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
If the Angel Wings mod is anything to go by, you can have a completely separate slot for equipping the underwear without any real problems.

You mention "uncleaned spawns" - so underwear was generated after a person's clothing was removed? If not, what I am thinking of is that every single humanoid NPC in the game that has some sort of underwear as part of its mesh by default in the game should get an item or two called "underwear" or "underwear" and "bra". So there's nothing really to generate separately but have it as a base requirement for all humanoid NPCs.

Rennn

Rennn

Grossly Incandescent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,822 posts
From the little that I understand, it seemed that NPCs would spawn with the underwear, and they would automatically be equipped upon the removal of the NPC's clothing. However, I don't think the spawned underwear actaully ever disappeared? Or something? I don't know.

Nephenee13

Nephenee13

Life. Love. Yuri.

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts

From the little that I understand, it seemed that NPCs would spawn with the underwear, and they would automatically be equipped upon the removal of the NPC's clothing. However, I don't think the spawned underwear actaully ever disappeared? Or something? I don't know.

While in theory you could make a mod that adds underwear to every Vanilla NPC's inventory, that doesn't do anything for NPCs added via other mods, so there would need to be a script to add them to other NPCs. I'm assuming thats where the bloat originated, but my knowledge of such things is fairly limited.

manfromx

manfromx

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 3 posts
Sorry to drag this post out of depths but I've been looking for a mod like this.

Did one ever get made?

If not I might take a look at making one (though I haven't ever before).

If you had the underwear models wearable under clothes already then it might be simpler to add this functionality.

Is it possible to catch the event of an NPC dying in Skyrim? If so and we can check the type, we could add (and hopefully equip) the items upon death.

Psuedo code would be something like

Catch NPC dead Event

Is NPC humanoid? Yes
If NPC male
add male item
else
add female items
Equip items

Perraine

Perraine

Knight from a far off Land

• Premium Member
  • 1,035 posts
What your hoping to do is not recommended ... The only way you MIGHT be able to do it is...

a) Add the underwear onto EVERY mesh in Skyrim as a separate item using one of the "unused" slots (like some mods already do, with jewelry and lingerie) The problem here of course is making it compatible with EVERY mesh, Earrings are doable because their are only a few different head meshes so you can make a generic mod that simply adds them. Underwear won't work like that because the all the "body" meshes are different and you'd have some truly horrible clipping issues, even with the Vanilla meshes, let alone all the "custom" armors out there using there own variations.

b) Have two different "nude" options, when an NPC dies/is killed ... First, you'd have the game spawn the 'underwear' version if you just took the armor and nothing else ... Second, if you remove the underwear to your inventory as well, remove he first body and spawn a 'nude' version instead ...

Page loaded in: 1.010 seconds